Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality. Empty AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 18:49

Did anyone else receive a copyright infringement notice after downloading the seasons DLC? 
And does this correlate to Net Neutrality act? 
How are we gonna download in secrecy now if we're gonna get fined in the future? Shocked Uh oh Hmmm, sure? I is confused Crying or Very sad

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality. Empty Re: AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 19:20

I have installed zlorigin for updates....but I don't know how to use it for DDL though...maybe I should stick to DDL for now.

Back to top Go down

AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality. Empty Re: AT&T Notice on torrenting & net neutrality.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Jul 2018, 19:22

GummyPop wrote:Did anyone else receive a copyright infringement notice after downloading the seasons DLC? 
How are we gonna download in secrecy now if we're gonna get fined in the future? Shocked Uh oh Hmmm, sure? I is confused Crying or Very sad

From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:At the time of the FCC vote, the Senate had the proper amount of backing to force its own vote on net neutrality. The vote was being forced under Senate rules that went into effect in 1996 called the Congressional Review Act.[159] Senate Democrats expressed optimism at their level of support given the help of Republican member Susan Collins.[160] The motion to restore net neutrality passed in the Senate on May 16, 2018.[161]Collins was joined by Republicans John Kennedy and Lisa Murkowski. If the challenge is not passed by the House of Representatives and signed by the President within 60 legislative days from February 22, 2018 (the date of publication in the Federal Register), the measure will fail. Barring that, FCC Commissioner Rosenworcel said that "Restoring Internet Freedom" will become the official policy of the US June 11, 2018.[162] FCC Chairman Ajit Pai responded to the Senate vote by saying "It’s disappointing that Senate Democrats forced this resolution through by a narrow margin, but ultimately, I’m confident that their effort to reinstate heavy-handed government regulation of the Internet will fail"[163] and cited The Washington Post's "three-Pinnochio" fact-check of Democratic claims regarding net neutrality.[164]

(...)

On November 21, 2017, FCC chairman Ajit Pai unveiled plans to repeal the net neutrality policy in the United States.[269] A vote was held on December 14, 2017,[270] and the FCC voted 3–2, along party lines, to repeal the Title II net neutrality.[23][24][25][27] The repeal of the net neutrality rules took effect on June 11, 2018. Pai suggested that one benefit of repeal to consumers was restoring the Federal Trade Commission's jurisdiction over ISPs, which had been blocked by the repealed rules.[4]
This decision—and the previously announced intention to make this decision—has generated a flurry of activity to restore net neutrality at the state level in spite of this FCC action, including a number of bills introduced into the various state legislatures to require net neutrality by either (a) state regulation or (b) to obtain a contract with any state (and in some cases) local governmental body.

Which I interpret as Net neutrality having been (partially?) abolished. But even without net neutrality or any other law, the people in power can bend laws to almost anything they please. Many historical examples for that - look them up.

Some users have said that certain American ISPs even block access to this Forum here; and I believe that was before all this talk about "repealing net neutrality" emerged.

As for your issue, try using direct downloads. Or use a VPN service. Good input can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32958-best-vpn-services

Edit: topic title improved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 19:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:Did anyone else receive a copyright infringement notice after downloading the seasons DLC? 

From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:At the time of the FCC vote, the Senate had the proper amount of backing to force its own vote on net neutrality. The vote was being forced under Senate rules that went into effect in 1996 called the Congressional Review Act.[159] Senate Democrats expressed optimism at their level of support given the help of Republican member Susan Collins.[160] The motion to restore net neutrality passed in the Senate on May 16, 2018.[161]Collins was joined by Republicans John Kennedy and Lisa Murkowski. If the challenge is not passed by the House of Representatives and signed by the President within 60 legislative days from February 22, 2018 (the date of publication in the Federal Register), the measure will fail. Barring that, FCC Commissioner Rosenworcel said that "Restoring Internet Freedom" will become the official policy of the US June 11, 2018.[162] FCC Chairman Ajit Pai responded to the Senate vote by saying "It’s disappointing that Senate Democrats forced this resolution through by a narrow margin, but ultimately, I’m confident that their effort to reinstate heavy-handed government regulation of the Internet will fail"[163] and cited The Washington Post's "three-Pinnochio" fact-check of Democratic claims regarding net neutrality.[164]

(...)

On November 21, 2017, FCC chairman Ajit Pai unveiled plans to repeal the net neutrality policy in the United States.[269] A vote was held on December 14, 2017,[270] and the FCC voted 3–2, along party lines, to repeal the Title II net neutrality.[23][24][25][27] The repeal of the net neutrality rules took effect on June 11, 2018. Pai suggested that one benefit of repeal to consumers was restoring the Federal Trade Commission's jurisdiction over ISPs, which had been blocked by the repealed rules.[4]
This decision—and the previously announced intention to make this decision—has generated a flurry of activity to restore net neutrality at the state level in spite of this FCC action, including a number of bills introduced into the various state legislatures to require net neutrality by either (a) state regulation or (b) to obtain a contract with any state (and in some cases) local governmental body.

Which I interpret as Net neutrality having been (partially?) abolished. But even without net neutrality or any other law, the people in power can bend laws to almost anything they please. Many historical examples for that - look them up.

Some users have said that certain American ISPs even block access to this Forum here; and I believe that was before all this talk about "repealing net neutrality" emerged.

As for your issue, try using direct downloads. Or use a VPN service. Good input can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32958-best-vpn-services

Edit: topic title improved.
I can't really add anything on my debit bill sadly cause it's being oversee'd by mom...but I would put up with VPN's having ads than having to pay anything...but as I said...I can start to learn how to use zlorigin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Jul 2018, 19:57

GummyPop wrote:I can't really add anything on my debit bill sadly cause it's being oversee'd by mom...but I would put up with VPN's having ads than having to pay anything...but as I said...I can start to learn how to use zlorigin.

Yes, ZLOrigin also works.

I mean, most of my knowledge about the American (legal/political) landscape comes from Netflix's House of Cards, so I am not be the best person to ask about correlations between piracy & net neutrality. But even with net neutrality, in practice piracy was always at least in a grey area, if not altogether illegal.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 20:21

But how do I download from Zlorigin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2018, 12:11

GummyPop wrote:But how do I download from Zlorigin?
Look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top