Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack Empty Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2018, 19:42

Hey, everyone. 
I am wondering if anyone had trouble installing the 'Tropical Getaway Mod" by Nando.

Here is a link to the mod by nando it is really cool:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/21538276

It came out recently and after I installed it yesterday my game stopped working. 
The game is stuck by showing me the wineskin "the sims 4" red box in my dock but the secondary game window never appears and I have to 'command opt esc" to quit. I thought that trying to install this mod may be a little problematic so I copied and saved my Delta/GP01 files and Sims 4/ GP01 files. I tried installing the lighting mod in the delta file first and then both when it wasn't working so then I put my OG files back and it's still not working. I have already tried replacing my old GP01 folders after the lighting installing and taking out the tropical getaway mod in my mods folder.  

I did validator and these are my results:

report:

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack Empty Re: Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2018, 20:00

Something's wrong with your gp01/version.ini, I'll send it to you in private message. Never used that mod so can't help you much. Are you sure you placed those world files from lightning mod in "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01" and not "The Sims 4\GP01"?

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack Empty Re: Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2018, 22:31

anadius wrote:Something's wrong with your gp01/version.ini, I'll send it to you in private message. Never used that mod so can't help you much. Are you sure you placed those world files from lightning mod in "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01" and not "The Sims 4\GP01"?
I tried Delta at first and it didn't work so then I tried both. I also put in the files you sent me and the game is still stagnant.
Thank you for your help again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2018, 23:44

It could be conflict with other mods or IDK what else. Let's start clean.

Rename "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder and remove ReShade files.
Start and close the game to re-create folder in Documents.
Make a backup of "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01\Worlds\Areas" folder.
Extract files from "TROPICAL GETAWAY 1.0.zip\LIGHTING installation" to "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01\Worlds\Areas":
Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack 110
Extract "TROPICAL GETAWAY 1.0.zip\TROPICAL GETAWAY" folder to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods":
Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2018, 02:28

anadius wrote:It could be conflict with other mods or IDK what else. Let's start clean.

Rename "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder and remove ReShade files.
Start and close the game to re-create folder in Documents.
Make a backup of "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01\Worlds\Areas" folder.
Extract files from "TROPICAL GETAWAY 1.0.zip\LIGHTING installation" to "The Sims 4\Delta\GP01\Worlds\Areas":
Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack 110
Extract "TROPICAL GETAWAY 1.0.zip\TROPICAL GETAWAY" folder to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods":
Trouble installing Tropical Getaway Mod Pack 210

The game would not start for the 2nd step Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2018, 11:11

Did you get any error message? Run validator and post screenshot of your "Documents\Electronic Arts" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2018, 22:00

anadius wrote:Did you get any error message? Run validator and post screenshot of your "Documents\Electronic Arts" folder.
Again sorry about the late reply.
These are screen shots of the folders while validator is running. I also haven't changed anything since the last time I ran it.
https://imgur.com/a/WVDpIHu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2018, 22:55

No wonder the game didn't start. You didn't do what I asked you to do. Rename "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder. Just change the name of that folder to "The Sims 4_".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 01:53

anadius wrote:No wonder the game didn't start. You didn't do what I asked you to do. Rename "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder. Just change the name of that folder to "The Sims 4_".
I'm sorry I missed that. I renamed it to "The Sims 4_ and it's still the same result. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 02:01

I asked you before, I'm asking again: do you get any error message?

I'll wait for validator result before I suggest anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 23:36

anadius wrote:I asked you before, I'm asking again: do you get any error message?

I'll wait for validator result before I suggest anything else.
No error messages.

here is from validator:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 23:46

I told you before. Start the game clean. Remove ReShade files. And delete "game/bin/core/winhttp.dll". Basically get rid of all "unknown files" listed in validator result. Then go to "Documents\Electronic Arts". Since you already renamed "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4_", delete "The Sims 4" folder the game created. Or skip if it doesn't exist.

Now start the game. If you did everything I told you and it still doesn't start, something's wrong with your wineskin wrapper, or whatever you're using to run Windows executable files on Mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2018, 02:03

anadius wrote:I told you before. Start the game clean. Remove ReShade files. And delete "game/bin/core/winhttp.dll". Basically get rid of all "unknown files" listed in validator result. Then go to "Documents\Electronic Arts". Since you already renamed "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4_", delete "The Sims 4" folder the game created. Or skip if it doesn't exist.

Now start the game. If you did everything I told you and it still doesn't start, something's wrong with your wineskin wrapper, or whatever you're using to run Windows executable files on Mac.
I tried to google it. But I don't know where/ what the reshade files are... alos any of the unknown files I don't know where to find them either. I'm trying to learn but please don't assume I know a lot about this stuff.
When I looked it up it looked like something external that you can install in your game and I haven't done so deliberating so If I have reshade files I don't know what they are and again the same thing with the unknown files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2018, 02:08

game/bin/dxgi.dll
game/bin/dxgi.ini
game/bin/dxgi.log
game/bin/reshade-shaders/readme.md
game/bin/reshade-shaders/reference.md
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/3dfx.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/adaptivefog.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/adaptivesharpen.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/ambientlight.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/ascii.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/bloom.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/border.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/cartoon.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/chromaticaberration.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/clarity.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/colormatrix.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/colourfulness.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/crt.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/curves.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/daltonize.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/deband.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/denoise.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/depthhaze.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/displaydepth.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/dof.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/dpx.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/drawtext.fxh
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/egafilter.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/emphasize.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/fakehdr.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/fakemotionblur.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/filmgrain.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/filmgrain2.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/filmicpass.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/finesharp.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/fxaa.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/fxaa.fxh
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/gaussianblur.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/glitch.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/highpasssharpen.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/hq4x.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/levels.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/liftgammagain.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/lightdof.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/lumasharpen.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/lut.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/magicbloom.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/monochrome.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/mxao.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/nightvision.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/nostalgia.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/reflectivebumpmapping.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/reshade.fxh
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/sepia.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/smaa.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/smaa.fxh
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/surfaceblur.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/technicolor.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/technicolor2.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/tiltshift.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/tonemap.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/uimask.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/vibrance.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/shaders/vignette.fx
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/areatex.dds
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/bayer16x16.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/dirt.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/dirtovb.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/dirtovr.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/fontatlas.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lensdb.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lensdb2.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lensdov.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lensduv.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lenssprite.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lut.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/lutatlas.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/magicbloom_dirt.png
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/searchtex.dds
game/bin/reshade-shaders/textures/uimask.png

Those are ReShade files. And unless you used some repack that installs them automatically - you put them there yourself. These are not present in official CODEX release, FitGirl repack, G4TW releases, my repack nor in Tarac's or Sims' all-in-one versions you can find on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2018, 08:07

anadius wrote:
Those are ReShade files. And unless you used some repack that installs them automatically - you put them there yourself. These are not present in official CODEX release, FitGirl repack, G4TW releases, my repack nor in Tarac's or Sims' all-in-one versions you can find on this forum.
Okay thank you for clearly that up. I now deleted all those files and the game is still in the same stat unfortunately. You said that it is probably my wrapper then. How do you think I should do about fixing that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2018, 09:49

I have no idea but there's a guide for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2018, 19:21

anadius wrote:I have no idea but there's a guide for it.
So I followed that guid and when I tried to tell the wrapper what .exe to exucute I got a message saying that "the wrapper is broken" and it asked me to delete it. I didn't. I'm not sure if it would matter but maybe this wineskin isn't working because I am using "High Sierra."
I'll keep researching to see what I can do, this really stinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Oct 2018, 22:59

anadius wrote:I have no idea but there's a guide for it.
SO I found a solution to my problem and my game has been working, there's a crash here and ther but that has been quite normal for me bc it's The Sims haha.

After I did this the game has been working. I found this on the home page of wine skin http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-view_blog_post.php?postId=87

Here is what it said

"There is a problem in Wineskin GPU detection code with High Sierra changes.
By default your wrappers may crash or fail to launch.
Currently you can work around this by launching Wineskin.app, going to Set Screen Options, and uncheck the Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D option, and the wrapper should work normally."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top