Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 3 Empty The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:59

First topic message reminder :

Alright then,

We have come up with a repack for the newest The Sims 4 gamepack "Strangerville"! It is 5.87GB in filesize, includes all 17 language strings, and a complete "Game"-folder. We recommend that before applying this pack, download and install the 1.49.65.1020 patch. As usual, please do make some arrangements regarding the mods that you use, a.k.a. filter out any old mods.

Special credits go again to @anadius for compiling the language strings of this patch/DLC version, and @Sim Architect for testing/uploading those 'alternative installers' of anadius! Now, there will be some more changes to the way we release these updates, and I'll suggest you read the following very carefully. 

For this patch version we will be foregoing direct download options. Yes, yes I know. "I live in a country where they monitor my traffic, I can't download through torrents!". And yes, you are being heard. But those of you following G4TW as of late surely have taken notice of certain...vibes, to use a euphemistic term. Certain things are becoming more and more problematic regarding our operations. And I suppose that is just the way the cookie crumbles. 

What this will mean? For the initial announcement we will refrain from posting direct download options for the actual DLC or patch. The plan is to focus on the torrent first, and after a little while, retro-actively edit this announcement and put up one or more direct download options. In the near future we're also considering to exclusively use magnet links, and not .torrent files anymore. But we'll see. If for whatever reason you cannot use torrents, you still have the option of using ZLOrigin, or wait until a direct download option becomes available on G4TW here. 18-24 hours from now, would be my estimate, but no guarantees. 

This change will certainly upset...quite a lot of people, but it is what it is.

Download list

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:56; edited 8 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 16:17

athlynn17 wrote:Hey guys, sorry but i cant seem to open any of the download links.. the link-to.net links are not working for me..error 500. Some help please? Smile
You just need to refresh again and again and again... Till it works Wink

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 17:17

help!!!!! whenever i try extracting files from winrar it keeps giving me error messages. it never did this before whats the problem and how can i fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 17:19

darcoalt wrote:
Tarac wrote:
vebabi wrote:Yes, I extracted with Winrar, there were no error messages. I also copied the files to Program files, not Documents, and clicked "Yes to all" during copying.
Nevertheless it looks like you've not copied the Strangerville files/folders to your existing The Sims 4 folder in Program Files.

Hello, have the same problem - after playing game, the game just don't see the Strangerville pack inside. And tbh it's not my first download from G4TW so I believe  I know how to copy+past folders Very Happy Used torrent file - anyone had same?
SAME!! its really annoying does anyone know what to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 17:27

now im getting some error about "a newer version update via origin" ... i applied it on top of get famous!! what am i doing wrong??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 17:40

zennash wrote:help!!!!! whenever i try extracting files from winrar it keeps giving me error messages. it never did this before whats the problem and how can i fix it?
Extract with 7-zip instead of Winrar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 22:03

seeding so that people can download this faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2019, 23:48

hi everyone! sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm new to all of this 
i previously  downloaded the all-in-one including get famous, and after trying to move the strangerville files to the sims 4 folder an error pops saying "There is not enough space on TS4-all-in-in 1.48.. You need and additional 6,42 GB to copy these files."

is there a solution to this? is this just my own computer being terrible? haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 01:01

Thanks Games4theworld for all of your great torrents. I have been using your forum for a while, but I just recently made an account. Also, thanks to everyone who worked on getting these torrents out. Without you, I wouldn't be playing Sims 4!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Mar 2019, 01:48

kitty173 wrote:hi everyone! sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm new to all of this 
i previously  downloaded the all-in-one including get famous, and after trying to move the strangerville files to the sims 4 folder an error pops saying "There is not enough space on TS4-all-in-in 1.48.. You need and additional 6,42 GB to copy these files."

You cannot add new stuff "into" the .iso file. Or rather, I suppose you could, if you had the software to do so (e.g. PowerISO). But merging new stuff into an existing .iso file is going to take ages to complete.

When using that all-in-one .iso file you are supposed to EXTRACT the contents of it, to somewhere on your hard-drive. You will then end up with a folder "The Sims 4". From then on, you can add (copy/paste) the newer updates on top of the folder you extracted. 

Again, you can't directly add these new updates into the .iso file itself. You actually need to extract the stuff from the .iso, and work from there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 03:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
kitty173 wrote:hi everyone! sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm new to all of this 

You cannot add new stuff "into" the .iso file. Or rather, I suppose you could, if you had the software to do so (e.g. PowerISO). But merging new stuff into an existing .iso file is going to take ages to complete.

When using that all-in-one .iso file you are supposed to EXTRACT the contents of it, to somewhere on your hard-drive. You will then end up with a folder "The Sims 4". From then on, you can add (copy/paste) the newer updates on top of the folder you extracted. 

Again, you can't directly add these new updates into the .iso file itself. You actually need to extract the stuff from the .iso, and work from there.

this was very helpful, thank you so much!  albino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 10:11

Of course it could be lack of space on your computer, but I think that you tried to add Strangerville to the mounted iso of Get Famous.

So first copy the files/folders from the Get Famous.iso to your hard disk
Then add Strangerville to that same location on your hard disk.
Make new shortcut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 13:33

does it include lunar new year update
-sorry i just opened this account  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 14:20

I'm sorry, i don't understand 'Now edit the drive letter under "GDFBinary"and "InstallDir", here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4' what should i edit? is it the install directory?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 14:30

Annas B wrote:
I'm sorry, i don't understand 'Now edit the drive letter under "GDFBinary"and "InstallDir", here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4' what should i edit? is it the install directory?
Is it important?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 14:53

download done
works 100% for my first test
thanks so much for the update

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Mar 2019, 15:39

Annas B wrote:

That part of the instructions was added after a user on the Forum was adamant that with the default registry entries - that all point to an install path on the C: drive - "the game does not work at all". So I decided to add this note into these install guide .txt files.

In order to edit them, just double-click on "GDFBinary" and "InstallDir", after which a new small window should pop up with the install path, which in turn you can edit and save.

But I would just test it yourself. Put your game simply on a non-C: drive, and go from there. I would say in most cases it's not needed to edit the registry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2019, 21:03

zennash wrote:
darcoalt wrote:
Tarac wrote:
vebabi wrote:Yes, I extracted with Winrar, there were no error messages. I also copied the files to Program files, not Documents, and clicked "Yes to all" during copying.
Nevertheless it looks like you've not copied the Strangerville files/folders to your existing The Sims 4 folder in Program Files.

Hello, have the same problem - after playing game, the game just don't see the Strangerville pack inside. And tbh it's not my first download from G4TW so I believe  I know how to copy+past folders Very Happy Used torrent file - anyone had same?
SAME!! its really annoying does anyone know what to do?

Well, I'm having the same problem, but I used the game folder from the ZLorigin download link. This never happenned to me before, and my whole game was installed from G4TW. I dont understand what's going on, but if it's happenning to a large number of people, maybe its a weird bug, dont  know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mynxie Sat 02 Mar 2019, 02:22

Thank you so much!
Mynxie
Mynxie
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, fallout, GTA, Dragon Age, Civilization, World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Resident Evil, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, Mafia, Saints Row, and many more...

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Mar 2019, 12:39

It reminds me a little bit of the fact that I nearly forgot to add the GP07-folder into the G4TW repack ...

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 3 Giphy

(I found out about it easily though, because it said pack download in progress on the main menu; so I added the folder into the .7z, and it seems everything is fine).

If people get these issues with "I copied everything, but the new DLC doesn't show up/my earlier DLC suddenly disappeared", try running the validator here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

And work from there. It might also be worth considering to use a "Superadmin"-account for Windows:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

Not sure why Windows (10) has these issues with not properly copying/pasting new stuff. I guess it partly has to do with their file/folder permissions system ("increased user safety")

LumiaLover wrote:WOW ! This was fast !!  Shocked

You can thank partly thank @anadius and @Sim Architect for that.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 14:49

Hi, I have installed the torrent, but when I click on the 'TS4.exe' file, my computer says the 'MSVCP120.dll' is missing..? What do I need to do?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 3 Empty Getting the Patch Without The Pack?

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 15:21

Hey guys thank you so much for all the work that you do and you continue to deliver time and time again. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to just download the patch update without the strangerville pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Mar 2019, 15:58

XTRUESELENATOR wrote:Hi, I have installed the torrent, but when I click on the 'TS4.exe' file, my computer says the 'MSVCP120.dll' is missing..? What do I need to do?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I once wrote a topic about this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

Is this your first time playing The Sims 4? If so, I hope you actually installed ALL of G4TW items, not just Get Famous & Strangerville? Because if you managed to play the game (on that same computer in the past), you normally wouldn't need to (re-)install these runtime/MSVCP120.dll items.

Melanincredible wrote:Hey guys thank you so much for all the work that you do and you continue to deliver time and time again. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to just download the patch update without the strangerville pack?

If you're referring to the "Update-Only-Ultimate Fix/Basepatch", I've stopped doing those a long time ago. Too much hassle, for too little interest. But there are alternatives out there, such as this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 16:27

I already have all the other packs and the last update 1.49.65.1020 that was posted on February 13. There was a patch update before the release of the Strangerville pack and I only wanted that update so my game can be up to date without installing Strangerville. I didn't realize that you guys stopped doing those since it was just the other day. Thank you though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 17:25

I downloaded the lastest All in one pack and I am curently playing the game by mounting it with Daemon tools. It works fine , but now that I want to play Strangerville it doesn't work. 

I tried copying the folder "The Sims 4" from my harddrive after I've mounted it and then copy pasted the files från Strangerville to that folder. But it only says that's there's no space.

It feels like I'm doing something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2019, 18:03

Xaxxis wrote:I downloaded the lastest All in one pack and I am curently playing the game by mounting it with Daemon tools. It works fine , but now that I want to play Strangerville it doesn't work. 

I tried copying the folder "The Sims 4" from my harddrive after I've mounted it and then copy pasted the files från Strangerville to that folder. But it only says that's there's no space.

It feels like I'm doing something wrong.
In the Sims you cannot play separate games like Get Together, Seasons or Strangerville. It is just 1 total game. The more expansions you have the bigger the game.
All game-expansions are combined to 1 game The Sims 4.

You cannot add files/folders to an iso.(error: Not enogh diskspace)
Copy the files/folders from your mounted iso to a new folder on your hard disk.
Then you can add items to that new folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Mar 2019, 17:28

Tarac wrote:You cannot add files/folders to an iso.(error: Not enogh diskspace)

(...)

Not sure why so many people are having difficulties with that download format. I mean, some of the wording in the tutorial can be slightly improved, but the guide does clearly say to copy/extract the stuff from the .iso, and onto the hard-drive.

Then again, maybe we need...video installation guides? I mean really: who likes reading anyway, these days?  Yess, aye lieeke!

The last sentence was meant sarcastically by the way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2019, 19:49

Thank you so much!!!! cheers cheers You guys rock!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top