Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 4 Empty The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:59

First topic message reminder :

Alright then,

We have come up with a repack for the newest The Sims 4 gamepack "Strangerville"! It is 5.87GB in filesize, includes all 17 language strings, and a complete "Game"-folder. We recommend that before applying this pack, download and install the 1.49.65.1020 patch. As usual, please do make some arrangements regarding the mods that you use, a.k.a. filter out any old mods.

Special credits go again to @anadius for compiling the language strings of this patch/DLC version, and @Sim Architect for testing/uploading those 'alternative installers' of anadius! Now, there will be some more changes to the way we release these updates, and I'll suggest you read the following very carefully. 

For this patch version we will be foregoing direct download options. Yes, yes I know. "I live in a country where they monitor my traffic, I can't download through torrents!". And yes, you are being heard. But those of you following G4TW as of late surely have taken notice of certain...vibes, to use a euphemistic term. Certain things are becoming more and more problematic regarding our operations. And I suppose that is just the way the cookie crumbles. 

What this will mean? For the initial announcement we will refrain from posting direct download options for the actual DLC or patch. The plan is to focus on the torrent first, and after a little while, retro-actively edit this announcement and put up one or more direct download options. In the near future we're also considering to exclusively use magnet links, and not .torrent files anymore. But we'll see. If for whatever reason you cannot use torrents, you still have the option of using ZLOrigin, or wait until a direct download option becomes available on G4TW here. 18-24 hours from now, would be my estimate, but no guarantees. 

This change will certainly upset...quite a lot of people, but it is what it is.

Download list

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:56; edited 8 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Mar 2019, 17:28

Tarac wrote:You cannot add files/folders to an iso.(error: Not enogh diskspace)

(...)

Not sure why so many people are having difficulties with that download format. I mean, some of the wording in the tutorial can be slightly improved, but the guide does clearly say to copy/extract the stuff from the .iso, and onto the hard-drive.

Then again, maybe we need...video installation guides? I mean really: who likes reading anyway, these days?  Yess, aye lieeke!

The last sentence was meant sarcastically by the way.

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Strangerville OUT NOW!! [Version 1.50.67.1020]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2019, 19:49

Thank you so much!!!! cheers cheers You guys rock!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 10:40

Thank you!!!
I fu*king hate EA, after what they did to Origin and Mythic among others. However they have a fun thing going with sims 4, I wont give them another penny.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2019, 19:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
XTRUESELENATOR wrote:Hi, I have installed the torrent, but when I click on the 'TS4.exe' file, my computer says the 'MSVCP120.dll' is missing..? What do I need to do?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I once wrote a topic about this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

Is this your first time playing The Sims 4? If so, I hope you actually installed ALL of G4TW items, not just Get Famous & Strangerville? Because if you managed to play the game (on that same computer in the past), you normally wouldn't need to (re-)install these runtime/MSVCP120.dll items.

Hi, thanks! Well, I downloaded The sims 4 already from G4TW in the past, but not on this computer. 
I downloaded this : https://www.games4theworld.club/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-including-strangerville-version-1-50-67-1020 
But does this include the base game?  Hmmm, sure? Because I haven't installed that yet. I thought I needed to click on the TS4.exe to download the base game AND all the EP's? I'm sorry if I sound weird, I'm not very good at this stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 10:40

That download contains it ALL from base game upto Strangerville.
See HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 16:47

Tarac wrote:That download contains it ALL from base game upto Strangerville.
See HERE
 That's what I thought. But when I follow this instructions: https://www.games4theworld.club/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

I need to have an installation folder, and the point is that I haven't installed anything yet...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 17:32

XTRUESELENATOR wrote:
See HERE
 That's what I thought. But when I follow this instructions: https://www.games4theworld.club/t20398-the-procedure-entry-point-____-could-not-be-located-msvcp120-dll-is-missing

I need to have an installation folder, and the point is that I haven't installed anything yet...?

You don't have to install anything at all.
There is no installation folder, it is the mounted iso itself !
You can play the game by mounting the iso, go to the folder Game ->Bin and click the file TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.
Of course you can simply create your own intallation folder by copying the Folder The Sims 4 from the mounted iso to a self-chosen location on your (external) hard disk.
Make sure that this location is placed under the exceptions of your anti-virus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2019, 18:34

Tarac wrote:
XTRUESELENATOR wrote:
See HERE

You don't have to install anything at all.
There is no installation folder, it is the mounted iso itself !
You can play the game by mounting the iso, go to the folder Game ->Bin and click the file TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.
Of course you can simply create your own intallation folder by copying the Folder The Sims 4 from the mounted iso to a self-chosen location on your (external) hard disk.
Make sure that this location is placed under the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Hi, Thanks a lot! I can now play the game. You guys are awesome!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Mar 2019, 20:32

XTRUESELENATOR wrote:

Hi, thanks! Well, I downloaded The sims 4 already from G4TW in the past, but not on this computer. 
I downloaded this : https://www.games4theworld.club/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-including-strangerville-version-1-50-67-1020 
But does this include the base game?  Hmmm, sure? Because I haven't installed that yet. I thought I needed to click on the TS4.exe to download the base game AND all the EP's? I'm sorry if I sound weird, I'm not very good at this stuff.

"All-in-one" is a common term used to refer to downloads which contain...everything I guess, at the time they are released. Maybe you were unfamiliar with the term, or you maybe didn't understand the bold green notice at the beginning of the TS4 Must-Read guide?

Because, there is not much point in naming a torrent "All-in-one" when it (hypothetically) does not contain everything. 

Also, the thread which contains the all-in-one actually lists all the contents.  Looking for bad joke

//EDIT

Since everything has been said now, and there don't seem to be any more general questions about this download, I will close the thread. If you need further help, please search existing discussions in, or open a new topic:
https://www.games4theworld.club/f43-the-sims-4-support-windows-pc
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Mon 25 Mar 2019, 09:31

See the edit in blue, at the end of the opening announcement here. It seems there is a problem when people apply this thing on top of Get Famous. It does not affect the people who have been using the follow-up patches of G4TW, that came out after Get Famous.

So again, if you are new-ish and want to apply this download directly over Get Famous (without having grabbed the intermediary patches), make sure to download the thumbnailsdeltapack1.package file linked in the blue notice, in @The_gh0stm4n's announcement message. Alternatively you can also download & apply the 1.49.65.1020 patch, before installing Strangerville.

Most of G4TW's followers will have grabbed the previous patch anyway, so we don't expect this issue to be the end of the world.  cat

- Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top