Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' Empty New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:02

Hi, 

I encountered some problems after installing the university exspansion pack and after trying and failing to fix the problem. I decided a fresh wrapper was probably best to try with so I  download the wrapper within this thread. However when it comes to double clicking the red wineskin icon inside the wrapper I encounter this error message 'Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Just wondering if anyone can help? Thanks

Back to top Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' Empty Re: New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:27

Since "Discovery University", EA is forcing the game to run in 64bits. The previous wineskin WON’T work since it was created using a 32bit engine.

You can try and create a new wrapper using a 64bit engine and see if it will work.

I have not had the time to do this, but heard that people are having problems with the "Hello" error from CODEX crack (OrangeEmu64) on Wineskin. While this error is easy to fix on Windows, it may be a problem on Wineskin.

Back to top Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' Empty Re: New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:44

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply! Hmm I'll give it a go! I did have it kind of working at one point, as in I could create a household but when I went to move them into a world it was just a blank white screen, or if I tried to load a saved household the world would have llamas... I removed the games folder and replaced it but that didn't seemed to fix the issue. And then after some faffing the game would load and then crash when the sims 4 logo appeared, until now where it just will not load up at all. But tbf I have faffed with the wineskin wrapper, so may have made a simple fix much harder for myself...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:54

Did you manage to load the "Discover University" update before switching wrappers? Or are you talking about the previous update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 00:54

the issue i am having is when i click on the game to play, the wine box pops up with the installing options.. not sure what to do at this point

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 01:43

User09 wrote:Did you manage to load the "Discover University" update before switching wrappers? Or are you talking about the previous update?
Yeah, I managed to load discover university, though I encountered problems when trying to move in a household to the world, it was just either a blank white screen and the world wouldn't load.. of if I managed to get into the world there was llamas everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 03:42

Chlo55 wrote:Yeah, I managed to load discover university, though I encountered problems when trying to move in a household to the world, it was just either a blank white screen and the world wouldn't load.. of if I managed to get into the world there was llamas everywhere.

That's halfway there!! Do you still have the wrapper that you managed to load Discover University? Can you send it my way? I did look into this and so far have not been able to get past the "Hello" error with a few custom wrappers I have here. Maybe we can work on this. Let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 09:51

User09 wrote:That's halfway there!! Do you still have the wrapper that you managed to load Discover University? Can you send it my way? I did look into this and so far have not been able to get past the "Hello" error with a few custom wrappers I have here. Maybe we can work on this. Let me know.

No not anymore! WhatDidUJustCallMe? I think I fiddled with it too much and it ended up completely crashing and not responding at all! So I ended up having to delete it to create more space. Though at this point I'd thankfully kept a copy of my sims 4 folder. I've created a new wrapper with all the same settings as my old one, just waiting to download the base game again so i can get the 'the sims4 setup exe' again before then installing my sims 4 folder.

//EDIT

Oh and I've just remembered it only seemed to work, well load up the game well until I encountered the household problems using my old games folder? It didn't load at all when I used the games folder from the discover university pack. Don't know if this information is of any use or help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 15:34

I'll try a few things, but the info I have is that University is not working on Wine, even when we create a new 64bit wrapper. After loading the ts4_x64.exe, it fails to load the crack (orangeemu64). Why.

If I find the solution I'll post it here.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 18:07

I'll give it a go myself and see if I can get anywhere also.. hopefully a solution can be found soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 18:47

I have been also working on a solution myself over here. if i find a solution ill post it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 20:57

No luck. The problem IS the crack that refuses to run on wine, so I don't know what else can be done, unfortunately. Why.

Will keep my ears open and if the situation improves for us mac users, I will post it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 02:41

User09 wrote:No luck. The problem IS the crack that refuses to run on wine, so I don't know what else can be done, unfortunately. Why.

Will keep my ears open and if the situation improves for us mac users, I will post it here.
i am thinking of installing 64 bit windows on my mac. its possible, i will do that if things dont improve. i have been playing sims since i was like 11! since the first of sims i am not stopping now lol. crossing my fingers that it will improve but at least for a lot of imac windows 64 can be installed so there is hope!

//EDIT

I would like to post things i have tried so people dont keep doing the same things again and again. i have made new wine wrappers. change almost all settings through wine wrappers. swapped old wrappers from new, swicthed old game folders to new to test them out. messed with the version files. even took the bin_LE out or kept just that. did hours of google searches. even made sure blockers were not on my imac. change screen options. i did all that could be through of and i think the issue is wine just wont read it anymore. i even tried all sorts of diffrent versions of wine to make new wrappers and tried some of the old ones game4theworld provides. nothing works. eaither i get msgs that i need the legacy, or the game will look like its opening but just does not do so then nothing happends. so if anyone has any other ideas great. if not well the only thing i can think of is downloading 64 bit windows on my imac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 14:20

Hello,
Thank you all for this information. It does really validate to me, since I have just wanted to sit down and fix my problem, after The Sims 4 stopped working for me (since Catalina actualization). 

I am not so advanced as I can see you are, so unfortunately I won't propose any solutions of my own. 

I can't install windows on my Mac because I simply don't have that much space to sacrifice. I also have been playing The Sims since I was a little kid... If anybody came up with the solution I would love to hear about it, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 18:59

For the people banging their heads: the problem is not with wine nor the wrapper. It’s possible to create a 64bit wrapper and run most 64bits games on it.

The problem is OrangeEmu64. Once you run your 64bit wrapper, it will give the “Hello” window and quit. If you read the error log, it will most likely say this toward the end:

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "OrangeEmu64.dll" failed to initialize, aborting

And this is the problem. This file is the crack from CODEX and it does not play well with any kind of virtual machine or emulator. I tried on Parallels (a virtual machine that emulates Windows on macs) and got the same exact error.

Windows users also have this problem sometimes, and if you search this forum you’ll see that the fix for the “Hello” error is quite simple: it requires virtualization to be turned off on Windows. The issue is doing this on wine. AFAIK there’s no way to do that, sadly.

I tried this list of “possible fixes” that included:

•    different wrappers with different engines;
    •    different windows version on these wrappers (someone told me that maybe I could get it to work on windows XP, nope, didn’t work);
    •    wrappers from wineskin, wine and crossover;
    •    working wrapper from another EA game;
    •    different folders;
    •    old dependencies;
    •    without dependences;
    •    with brand new 4.20 staging enge and that was also a huge nope;
    •    with a different version of OrangeEmu64 I downloaded from a random site;
    •    renamed OrangeEmu to OrangeEmu64, placed in the Bin folder, got a different error;
    •    even tried running the game on a 32 bit wrapper knowing it would not work. Oh my...

I did not try old wine engines, anything bellow 4, nor custom wrapper from various porting teams, so if anyone would like to do that, please report back if it works.

The only solution I see now it’s partion, bootcamp and run windows. If you decide to do that, please, be carefull and follow the instructions to a T. For me it's not worth it, so I’ll wait.

Maybe someone will come up with a script or a fix, but I’m not holding my breath because this not not the only game from CODEX that this happens to, and they didn't bothered fixing it before, so. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2019, 15:55

Hopefully a solution can be found soon! Just so frustrating, with my old wrapper I managed to get in kind off working and the only thing I updated was the vcrun to the latest one! So I’m not sure why it initially worked.. I’ve tried to recreate the wrapper with all the same settings but I’ve had no luck so far, though I haven’t had an error message to do with the orangeemu crack 🤔

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 00:01

Chlo55 wrote:Hopefully a solution can be found soon! Just so frustrating, with my old wrapper I managed to get in kind off working and the only thing I updated was the vcrun to the latest one! So I’m not sure why it initially worked.. I’ve tried to recreate the wrapper with all the same settings but I’ve had no luck so far,  though I haven’t had an error message to do with the orangeemu crack 🤔
i also never have had such an error msg also that user09 stated. what happends with mine is one of three things. it says the legacy edition is missing. or when i click on the wrapper, the wrapper the wine window pops up. or when i click on it. it looks like it will open and then it wont. but no error msg ever comes up. just nothing happends lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 00:29

sportsgirlkell15 wrote:what happends with mine is one of three things. it says the legacy edition is missing (...)

I am in the process of compiling the G4TW repack for the "Legacy Edition Patch", which will be released in a day or two I guess here. Not sure if that new TS4.exe (32-bit) works with Mac, but if it did, it would be at least a little solace.

(but even so, you couldn't actually run the University DLC, because that one only works with the 64-bit .exe Killkillkillkill! )
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 00:55

I've also been trying to just CREATE a 64 Bit wrapper in wineskin and I'm having trouble. If someone could just upload a 64Bit wrapper I could try to use, (like User09 did with the previous update - https://www.games4theworld.club/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch-obsolete), that would be sooo helpful!! Of course I know this forum no longer supports Mac, but I can't get bootcamp to work sadly and I am completely out of things I know how to do on my end  Why. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 21:15

Here's a 64bit wrapper created with the Unofficial Wineskin Winery for the people that want to try and see if they can make it work. If anyone manages to run Discover University on it, let me know how, so more users can enjoy the game. Password is G4TW.

workupload.com/file/GqEKp5DR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 12:45

User09 wrote:Here's a 64bit wrapper created with the Unofficial Wineskin Winery for the people that want to try and see if they can make it work. If anyone manages to run Discover University on it, let me know how, so more users can enjoy the game. Password is G4TW.

thank you i will play around with this. hope something works.

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I am in the process of compiling the G4TW repack for the "Legacy Edition Patch", which will be released in a day or two I guess here. Not sure if that new TS4.exe (32-bit) works with Mac, but if it did, it would be at least a little solace.

(but even so, you couldn't actually run the University DLC, because that one only works with the 64-bit .exe Killkillkillkill! )

thank you for this info, i will prolly just install 64 bit windows on my mac if i cant get something to work out. i dont want to keep running into feature problems and want to be able to keep updating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2019, 00:34

User09 wrote:Here's a 64bit wrapper created with the Unofficial Wineskin Winery for the people that want to try and see if they can make it work. If anyone manages to run Discover University on it, let me know how, so more users can enjoy the game. Password is G4TW.

THANK YOU!!! I have it extracted, however what's strange is that when I click on "Wineskin" inside of the folder, it gives that "Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. " error. Even though I don't even have the Sims 4 files in the C folder yet.

//EDIT

Nevermind, I made a new wrapper, got everything set up but am also getting the "hello" error now. So sad!! Do you think there will be a workaround for this ever?? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Nov 2019, 23:58

dannieisapunk wrote:
Nevermind, I made a new wrapper, got everything set up but am also getting the "hello" error now. So sad!! Do you think there will be a workaround for this ever?? lol

I know I shouldn't even be posting in these Mac sections, but it's not likely CODEX will change anything in that department. Then again, let's wait and see until the next (cracked) update.

Otherwise, and the Mac people will hate what I'll say now, but consider saving up / buying a PC with Windows. Seriously: most of these games are intended in the first place to be used on Windows OS, and if all workarounds for Mac OS fail, what else is to do?

Someone else on here once said that using this double-boot-thing (Bootcamp) "wears down Mac hardware too much", which I myself am not able to verify independently. But if true, that is something else to take into account.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2019, 06:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
dannieisapunk wrote:

I know I shouldn't even be posting in these Mac sections, but it's not likely CODEX will change anything in that department. Then again, let's wait and see until the next (cracked) update.

Otherwise, and the Mac people will hate what I'll say now, but consider saving up / buying a PC with Windows. Seriously: most of these games are intended in the first place to be used on Windows OS, and if all workarounds for Mac OS fail, what else is to do?

Someone else on here once said that using this double-boot-thing (Bootcamp) "wears down Mac hardware too much", which I myself am not able to verify independently. But if true, that is something else to take into account.
my husband is a computer tech. in no way does installing windows on a mac (bootcamp) or whatever wear your mac down. as long as you have a mac that can support such software. if it wore the mac down in no way would my husband  agree to installing 64 bits on my mac. we have an expensive imac desktop. and apple also has instructions on their website how to make a mac to a windows. i dont think they would have such if it would damage the computer. now.... on another note. i used to play the sims on my macbook pro. and i went through three of their laptops and found out i was burning up the mother board because it was to high end for it. so its always super important to make sure your computer can handel such software cuz if it cant. then you can burn it out lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Nov 2019, 15:02

sportsgirlkell15 wrote:my husband is a computer tech. in no way does installing windows on a mac (bootcamp) or whatever wear your mac down (...) we have an expensive imac desktop.

Which is basically a glorified desktop PC, and generally those are hardware-wise better suited in coping with more demanding tasks such as gaming purposes. Macbooks/laptops on the other hand, no matter what certain people keep parrotting, are not meant for gaming.

On second thought, I think these comments that we get from time to time come from people who got a lower-end or older Macbook and then wonder why they can't properly run [insert hardware-demanding software here].

I understand people want the "best of both worlds": namely using that Mac-only software on the one hand, and also playing PC games on the other hand. The gaming industry does focus primarily on the Windows audience, after all.

The standard question that should be asked before making such important purchases: "what do you plan on using the computer for?". If we're talking about some kind of professional e.g. music/video/picture editing purpose, for which there is some good Mac software, then go for the Mac computer. But if someone plans on playing games mostly, they should consider building their own gaming desktop PC, like I did.

Hypothetical commenter wrote:But I'm on a budget, and I need both worlds!

Aren't/don't we all? Either way...I don't think I'm saying anything new here, anyways. But if it helps some people in making a (slightly) better decision, then that's all that matters.

Good luck everybody! 

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top