Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' - Page 2 Empty New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:02

First topic message reminder :

Hi, 

I encountered some problems after installing the university exspansion pack and after trying and failing to fix the problem. I decided a fresh wrapper was probably best to try with so I  download the wrapper within this thread. However when it comes to double clicking the red wineskin icon inside the wrapper I encounter this error message 'Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Just wondering if anyone can help? Thanks

Back to top Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2019, 06:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
dannieisapunk wrote:
Nevermind, I made a new wrapper, got everything set up but am also getting the "hello" error now. So sad!! Do you think there will be a workaround for this ever?? lol

I know I shouldn't even be posting in these Mac sections, but it's not likely CODEX will change anything in that department. Then again, let's wait and see until the next (cracked) update.

Otherwise, and the Mac people will hate what I'll say now, but consider saving up / buying a PC with Windows. Seriously: most of these games are intended in the first place to be used on Windows OS, and if all workarounds for Mac OS fail, what else is to do?

Someone else on here once said that using this double-boot-thing (Bootcamp) "wears down Mac hardware too much", which I myself am not able to verify independently. But if true, that is something else to take into account.
my husband is a computer tech. in no way does installing windows on a mac (bootcamp) or whatever wear your mac down. as long as you have a mac that can support such software. if it wore the mac down in no way would my husband  agree to installing 64 bits on my mac. we have an expensive imac desktop. and apple also has instructions on their website how to make a mac to a windows. i dont think they would have such if it would damage the computer. now.... on another note. i used to play the sims on my macbook pro. and i went through three of their laptops and found out i was burning up the mother board because it was to high end for it. so its always super important to make sure your computer can handel such software cuz if it cant. then you can burn it out lol.

Back to top Go down

New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. ' - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wrapper error message ' Error while writting file: The folder “exec236561369.bat” doesn’t exist. '

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Nov 2019, 15:02

sportsgirlkell15 wrote:my husband is a computer tech. in no way does installing windows on a mac (bootcamp) or whatever wear your mac down (...) we have an expensive imac desktop.

Which is basically a glorified desktop PC, and generally those are hardware-wise better suited in coping with more demanding tasks such as gaming purposes. Macbooks/laptops on the other hand, no matter what certain people keep parrotting, are not meant for gaming.

On second thought, I think these comments that we get from time to time come from people who got a lower-end or older Macbook and then wonder why they can't properly run [insert hardware-demanding software here].

I understand people want the "best of both worlds": namely using that Mac-only software on the one hand, and also playing PC games on the other hand. The gaming industry does focus primarily on the Windows audience, after all.

The standard question that should be asked before making such important purchases: "what do you plan on using the computer for?". If we're talking about some kind of professional e.g. music/video/picture editing purpose, for which there is some good Mac software, then go for the Mac computer. But if someone plans on playing games mostly, they should consider building their own gaming desktop PC, like I did.

Hypothetical commenter wrote:But I'm on a budget, and I need both worlds!

Aren't/don't we all? Either way...I don't think I'm saying anything new here, anyways. But if it helps some people in making a (slightly) better decision, then that's all that matters.

Good luck everybody! 

Red star from Carlos

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2019, 15:43

Yeah I may just attempt to get bootcamp. It doesn’t wear down the computer at all but I do feel like games run less well on bootcamp than on my native Mac, but oh well. I thought that since the Codex crack doesn’t seem to like any virtual environment that something other than Wine would work, but my research has yielded nothing! So if anyone thinks of anything let me know! Until then I’ll be playing on my sisters bootcamp partition haha. Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2019, 18:23

The "Hello Smile" error is the one I wrote here before (orangeEmu64.dll fails to initialize and aborts). TS4 is not the only game cracked by codex that gives this error. Many others that also use orangeEmu pops this error out. I talked to people using linux and they also have this problem. My guess is that this will linger until another scene group decides to crack the game OR codex changes/updates their OM. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Bootcamp does indeed runs DU with no hiccups, as I have tested over here this weekend. So until things get fixed or improved, this is the only option I can see.

As for frying MB or HD, TS4 is a pretty non demanding game, so I would not worry too much about it. Other games on ultra that generates a lot of heat, that's another story, as a lot of macs don't have adequate fans to cool all that demand.

Good luck and lets hope a fix comes in the coming months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2019, 15:28

Just to add that in addition to wine I also tried running the 64bit sims in a windows virtual machine in vmware and got the Hello error there too, though it was with an older version not university.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2019, 16:00

I don't know if this is legitimate or not, but I heard that EA is working on a 32-bit version of Discover University to address the compatibility issues. I hope it's true!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Dec 2019, 18:00

dannieisapunk wrote:I don't know if this is legitimate or not, but I heard that EA is working on a 32-bit version of Discover University to address the compatibility issues. I hope it's true!

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/when-to-use-the-sims-4-64-bit-or-32-bit-version/

If that was true, it would be all over the "news", but I couldn't find anything besides the official status quo like in the above article. It's also very unusual with any game (but I guess not totally impossible) that system requirements are kind of rolled back at a later date.

And if people with 32-bits systems complain when the next DLC comes out, will this mean EA will give in again? I mean, it's just some thoughts from me. Smile  Also, the current 1.58.69.1010 hotfix appears to have partially fixed these CC- and savefiles-related issue. As for the problems on Mac OS here, CODEX seems to have changed something about their cracks, so I doubt a re-introduction of 32-bits compatibility would help.

But let's see, maybe we will all be surprised.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2019, 18:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:If that was true, it would be all over the "news", but I couldn't find anything besides the official status quo like in the above article. It's also very unusual with any game (but I guess not totally impossible) that system requirements are kind of rolled back at a later date.

Exactly! Most likely this is hopeful thinking that's bleeding from another pirate mac site. I saw the comment there and honestly don't believe it.

Moving forward the option mac users have is Bootcamp, or hope for a less "troublesome" origin crack (the orangeEmy64 file). Wine devs could help shining a light on a .dll to help fix the error we got, but they refuse, point blank, helping anybody with a cracked game. Why.

Also, if another scene cracks the game (doubt it, honestly). The grapevine tells me RELOADED cracks are friendlier to emulators both for mac and linux. They were the original crackers of TS4, but we all remember how long they used to take to release a crack for TS4, and I don't see them coming back to it.

Anyway, let's wait and hope for the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Dec 2019, 01:25

User09 wrote:Wine devs could help shining a light on a .dll to help fix the error we got, but they refuse, point blank, helping anybody with a cracked game. Why.

A.k.a. all quiet on the Western front.
Code:
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/all+quiet+on+the+Western+Front
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top