Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

black screen Empty black screen

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 07:04

hi i have all the expansions for sims 3 except the latest 70s 80s and 90s stuff the installation worked fine for all the manual updater worked fine and i aplied the sims 3 fix as directed i open the launcher and get a message that says error unable to connect to origin ( this is not the problem) i press ok and proceed to press the play button after that the screen goes black ( as always) then i hear a few seconds of the start up music and the whole thing minimizes i bring it back up to a still black screen and it minimizes again i have done it repeatedly sometimes i can see the sims arrow some times i can see the sims loading cursor and some times i can see flashes of the sims loading screen. i dont know if im not waiting long enough before i maximize it after it minamizes or what but it is irritating. i have reaplied the fix atleast four times following the instructions exactally. if any one could tell me how to get it working i would very much appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

black screen Empty Re: black screen

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:18

//MOVED
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
And do you have any background applications running while playing? (E.g. Skype, Bittorrent etc.)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 02:15

i have uninstalled all the expansions but the custom worlds are stil installed should i delete them?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 31 Jan 2013, 14:59

Why did you uninstall your expansions?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top