Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black screen. Help me please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen. Help me please! Empty Black screen. Help me please!

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:55

Hallo! I have a problem with my sims 3. It goes black with the loading cursor and just sits there with the music of the intro playing and some times it gives me a blue screen with some incomprehensible laters and then my computer starts all overI thought it was just because I accidentally updated to 1.55 but then I updated the crack and everything but I'm still having the same problem. I completely uninstalled and re-installed all the expansion packs except Diesel Stuff and I'm sure I did it right. I applied the Ultimate Fix and I still have the same problem. Any ideas on what to do??? 

Back to top Go down

Black screen. Help me please! Empty Re: Black screen. Help me please!

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:16

Try to delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Then restart your game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 01:15

I did it but nothing changed... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:03

1.55 seems to be really glitchy...
I suggest you uninstall/re install everything. Sorry Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 06:40

Go through my documents, the electronic arts folder, the sims 3, then go to the saved sims folder. Delete the file downloadedsims.index. After 2 days, deleting all my custom content (which I had to reinstall everything), uninstalling and reinstalling, using the ultimate fix, DEP, everything you can think of really.....this is what solved my black screen issue. Give it a try and see if it works. Don't be nervous about deleting that file, it will recreate itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 16:59

jesslanders23 wrote:Go through my documents, the electronic arts folder, the sims 3, then go to the saved sims folder. Delete the file downloadedsims.index. After 2 days, deleting all my custom content (which I had to reinstall everything), uninstalling and reinstalling, using the ultimate fix, DEP, everything you can think of really.....this is what solved my black screen issue. Give it a try and see if it works. Don't be nervous about deleting that file, it will recreate itself.

This 'suggestion' is basically included in what Shamrock already said - and it supposedly didn't work. Wat.  "Just me" already removed the whole "The Sims 3" folder.

Just Me wrote:Hallo! I have a problem with my sims 3. It goes black with the loading cursor and just sits there with the music of the intro playing and some times it gives me a blue screen with some incomprehensible laters and then my computer starts all over. I thought it was just because I accidentally updated to 1.55 but then I updated the crack and everything but I'm still having the same problem. I completely uninstalled and re-installed all the expansion packs except Diesel Stuff and I'm sure I did it right. I applied the Ultimate Fix and I still have the same problem. Any ideas on what to do???

Hello,

I suppose your computer is strong enough to handle the Sims 3 and several expansions ? In case of doubt, look here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

You could also tell us a little bit about your system specifications.

And what about your latest Windows and especially your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:51

Hello,

I would suggest reinstalling the base game. No need to uninstall your expansions, just the base. Then restart the pc and reinstall.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:52

I had the same issue with the black glitch screen after installing, updating and patching Island Paradise, where the blue ep loading screen would be black, and upon reaching the main menu, all of the menu details / saved games appeared blank which then wouldn't load anyway.

So for peace of mind, I clean uninstalled all my games, did disk cleanup, virus scan, and defragged my HDDs then backed up everything.

I reinstalled TS3 and updated to 1.55 and continued with the ep's without using any cracks until I had Island Paradise installed, then just applied the one crack from the ultimate fix.

I've downloaded the updated mods and pasted them back into my game, along with my Saves, and my game is working like a dream again.

So in future for big ep's like this I'll be doing this method as it never fails me, and it's good to clear out and start afresh, plus my laptop's working much better after a good defrag so I'm happy. :-)

As always thanks to the guys at gamesfortheworld, you're doing us all a massive we'll never forget, you're the best <3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:06

Carlos G. wrote:
jesslanders23 wrote:Go through my documents, the electronic arts folder, the sims 3, then go to the saved sims folder. Delete the file downloadedsims.index. After 2 days, deleting all my custom content (which I had to reinstall everything), uninstalling and reinstalling, using the ultimate fix, DEP, everything you can think of really.....this is what solved my black screen issue. Give it a try and see if it works. Don't be nervous about deleting that file, it will recreate itself.

This 'suggestion' is basically included in what Shamrock already said - and it supposedly didn't work. Wat.  "Just me" already removed the whole "The Sims 3" folder.

Just Me wrote:Hallo! I have a problem with my sims 3. It goes black with the loading cursor and just sits there with the music of the intro playing and some times it gives me a blue screen with some incomprehensible laters and then my computer starts all over. I thought it was just because I accidentally updated to 1.55 but then I updated the crack and everything but I'm still having the same problem. I completely uninstalled and re-installed all the expansion packs except Diesel Stuff and I'm sure I did it right. I applied the Ultimate Fix and I still have the same problem. Any ideas on what to do???

Hello,

I suppose your computer is strong enough to handle the Sims 3 and several expansions ? In case of doubt, look here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

And what about your latest Windows and especially your graphics drivers ? Are they up-to-date ?

I don't really know... How can I know about all these things? I'm not sure. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Sorry! I'm not familiar with these... WhatDidUJustCallMe? But I have my PC for five years. Recently I changed my driver because it was broken. So I don't know.

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I would suggest reinstalling the base game. No need to uninstall your expansions, just the base. Then restart the pc and reinstall.

Do I have to use ultimate fix after doing this? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:09

Just Me wrote:

Hello,

Yes of course. And you have to make sure your base game is up-to-date. Then you can apply the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:12

cat2006house wrote:
Just Me wrote:

Hello,

Yes of course. And you have to make sure your base game is up-to-date. Then you can apply the Ultimate Fix.

Hi,

Thanks! Smile I'll try this and I'll let you all know if it worked! Smile

//EDIT

Nothing again. The same black screen is still there... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:47

Carlos G. wrote:

Hello,

I checked here http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements but I can't find mine! Mine is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
My windows are Windows XP Home edition (5.1, Build 2600)! 
I don't know if this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top