Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED] Empty Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:43

I could actually open the launcher, but double-clicking on the .sims3pack file does not make the file visible in the launcher (on the downloads section) --- soooo, I couldn't install any .sims3pack custom content Sad
*** NOTE: The launcher never worked before, thus that was the first time it did soooo I have no idea which specific action triggered this problem.

Other things I took note of:

Actually, I've had troubles with the launcher before. I had a .NET framework 4.0 then found out I needed .NET framework 2.0 for sims 3. Installed the latter, and the launcher now works (finally!).

I wasn't the person to install (my younger brother did it, and he's poor at reading instructions =___=) the games (Base game & Other expansions). But he did tell me he installed Sims 3 Pets and he says the game got a little messed up so he uninstalled the expansion pack.
*** NOTE: All Sims 3 games we have on our PC are downloaded from torrents :PP

Now the only thing on the downloads section (we didn't even place it/double-clicked its way there) is a .sims3file which was classified as a pet, and it really has a small file size. I couldn't even delete it. It does not respond to me clicking on delete.

And I did observe that on the uploads tab, there was a screen shot there and I couldn't actually do anything with it --- can't delete or even preview. When I click the preview button, nothing happens, well, probably the mouse does get to have an hourglass with it but after a couple of seconds, nothing at all.

The game's updated on the latest patch release, 1.48.
I used the manual patch linked from this site, of course.
We only have the expansions: Supernaturals, Fast Lane Stuff, Seasons, Ambitions installed.

I would be very pleased to hear of a solution to this problem. I love Sims 3 because of the customization thingies. And I can't have the most of it.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Wed 30 Jan 2013, 18:57

Please try backing up and removing the sims 3 folder out of your documents. This makes the game play as if it hasn't been run before.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 16:56

I'm very sorry for not replying immediately, it's been a week.
Uhmm... I kinda did follow your instructions but when it failed to solve my problem, you could say I did a lot of random stuff.

Anyways, I fixed my problem --- but I resorted to reinstalling everything (I actually re-formatted my PC).
I downloaded all my preferred Sims 3 games from Games4theWorld and followed every single instruction (this time I did it, not my little bro) and everything ran fine now Smile)

Thanks anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 21:17

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear everything is working fine now though.
Enjoy the game again and please let us know if you need more assistance! Couldn't Install .sims3pack downloads / .sims3pack does not appear on the launcher even after double-clicking. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male