Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files.. Empty Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files..

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 15:34

Hello, I just have a quick question.
I cant install some .sims3pack Sad files because I get this error:
"Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again."
I updated my game to 1.50.56 which is the lastest version available but I get the same error...
Please help me.

Back to top Go down

Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files.. Empty Re: Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files..

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 May 2013, 16:26

Nondas99 wrote:Hello, I just have a quick question.
I cant install some .sims3pack Sad files because I get this error:
"Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again."
I updated my game to 1.50.56 which is the lastest version available but I get the same error...
Please help me.

Hello,

Try the solution described in this post here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files.. Empty Re: Error when trying to install some .sims3pack files..

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 14:54

I did everything but there is still no result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 14:58

Doesn't work with CCMagic?
What are you trying to install?
Try this instead!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 28 May 2013, 17:42

If these items are from the exchange, you probably won't be able to install them. Both users with legit games and pirated games have been having this issue for about a year now, where they can't get some items to install from the exchange, no matter what they try.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 22:27

Thank you Shamrock!!! Hammertime
The sims3packs were not from the exchange.
They were fabulous fiesta and Farm Life.
Also, I have one more question if you can answer.
Do you know where I can find the limited edition content of the expansion packs?
I'm just asking because I found out that the mediafire account is down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 22:34

Hello,

Then they're probably not decrapified (yet). You can do so manually, as described in this little guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

We usually upload all the Limited Edition content to our official MediaFire account, but that one is temporary down: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11215-official-mediafire-account-down
I don't know any alternatives at the moment, though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 22:42

Ok, thanks for everything guys now my costum content works just fine!!!
Admin, you could create an account in another cloud storage like rapidshare or dropbox. I suggest dropbox.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 22:49

Nondas99 wrote:Ok, thanks for everything guys now my costum content works just fine!!!
Admin, you could create an account in another cloud storage like rapidshare or dropbox. I suggest dropbox.
Hi there,

We're working on it, don't worry. Wink Thank you for your suggestion though!

Is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 09:07

I just have a question.
How can I increase the population in an empty city in the sims 3?
I mean it only has two families.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 10:02

The game will do that on its own while you play...
Otherwise, you can go to Edit Town, then create families (you can customize them or create random sims).
I don't know of a mod that would do that...

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 29 May 2013, 17:06

NRaas' Story Progression does help with that, checking every sim day on how the town is doing, population-wise. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found so far.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 17:16

Ok, thanks you guys. Ill try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top