Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Empty I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 05:23

Okay, first things first, I admit I am TERRIBLE with computer-y things. x.x I also have difficulties understanding something with a computer unless it's broken into tiny chunks, preferably with accompanying pictures for every step of the way. I just suck. D:

I own legit copies of The Sims 3 and some of the expansions, some of which were bought in CD form and some of which were purchased and downloaded off of Origin. I've been trying to install the expansions of Supernatural and Seasons downloaded here onto my game, but for the life of me I just can't get them to work!

Every time I've tried to install them, I follow the instructions as best I can, but it simply doesn't work, and I've ended up having to completely uninstall my entire Sim games and reinstall them again twice just to get the original game without the downloaded expansions working again! In addition, I lost my save data.

I just can't figure out where I'm going wrong, and I'd be SUPER grateful if anyone could help! I'll list the steps I go through exactly to see if I'm doing them right. I'd just like to note I did already download the latest update of The Sims 3 you have for download on this site (the manual patch) and have successfully installed it onto my game. I'm on a PC.

1. Download Supernatural/Seasons from this site
2. Open with zip, unzip all the contents (there are a whole bunch of folders besides the cracks and the game.exe what are they for?) to a folder on my desktop.
3. Go to that folder, and double-click on the Sims3EpwhateverSetup.exe, follow all the steps to install, and install it. I ignore the cracks in there because it says to ignore them?
4. Download the Ultimate Fix
5. Open with zip, unzip all contents (more bunches of extra folders and stuff?) to a folder on my desktop.
6. Go into the Crack # folder, copy the two files from there, then paste them into my C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / Game / Bin, allowing them to replace the original two files there
7. Try to play game, it doesn't work.

Mad I looked at the Ultimate Fix thing and how you put all the different files into specific Sim folders, the problem is I don't have all the folders for my games under C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / ! For example, I have World Adventures off of Origin and I have it installed, but there is no C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / World Adventures folder, so I can't do the ultimate fixing stuff?

I'm going out of my mind here, I've spent two full days messing around with it and continuously uninstalling and re-installing everything, I've even had to reboot my computer to an earlier date because I screwed up my purchased Sims 3 so bad that I couldn't play it anymore even when I uninstalled all the downloaded content!

Please help, I would totally owe you forever. >.<

Thanks for taking a look at this in advance! Smile

EDIT: I totally didn't give enough info lol sorry x.x Replied to the thread with this, but I'm going to edit it into this first post for future readers. Sorry about that! x.x

Basically, game launcher works fine, but when it gets to loading the game itself...

I've tried launching the game from the game launcher, launching the game
from the file in the Bin folder, and launching it from a desktop
shortcut (which I had to do with my original games because they wouldn't
launch from the launcher either).

Basically, I either get a black screen and the spinning blue wheel of
death, then after a long wait I get a "This program is not responding do
you want to see if windows can find a solution etc." warning and it
just closes; or I get to the loading screen, and it loads fine, but as
soon as it gets to 100%, the music stops, another long wait, and then it
also stops responding. I is confused

The operating system I'm using is Windows 7. I'm on a laptop, but I know
it has the capability to run the Sims 3 because I've been playing it
for months on my laptop with no problems. I'll list my specs (that's
what they're called, right?) anyways. There's a big sticker on my laptop
that lists them, fortunately. Smile

Aspire 5251-1007
- AMD processor V120 (2.2 GHz)
- "All Mobility Radeon(tm)" HD 4250 Graphics
- Up to 1405MB "HyperMemory(tm)"
- 15.6" HD LED LCD
- 3 GB DDR3 Memory
- 250 GB HDD
- DVD-Super Multi DL drive
- "Acer Nplify(tm)"802.11 b/g/n
- 6-cell Li-ion battery
- Multi-gesture
- True cinematic view
- "HDMI (HDMI out)(tm)"
- Card reader

It is an acer laptop.

Last edited by katiehorses75 on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 21:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Empty Re: I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 14:51

katiehorses75 wrote:
1. Download Supernatural/Seasons from this site
2. Open with zip, unzip all the contents (there are a whole bunch of folders besides the cracks and the game.exe what are they for?) to a folder on my desktop.
3. Go to that folder, and double-click on the Sims3EpwhateverSetup.exe, follow all the steps to install, and install it. I ignore the cracks in there because it says to ignore them?
4. Download the Ultimate Fix
5. Open with zip, unzip all contents (more bunches of extra folders and stuff?) to a folder on my desktop.
6. Go into the Crack # folder, copy the two files from there, then paste them into my C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / Game / Bin, allowing them to replace the original two files there
7. Try to play game, it doesn't work.

Mad I looked at the Ultimate Fix thing and how you put all the different files into specific Sim folders, the problem is I don't have all the folders for my games under C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / ! For example, I have World Adventures off of Origin and I have it installed, but there is no C : / / Program Files (x86) / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / World Adventures folder, so I can't do the ultimate fixing stuff?

I'm going out of my mind here, I've spent two full days messing around with it and continuously uninstalling and re-installing everything, I've even had to reboot my computer to an earlier date because I screwed up my purchased Sims 3 so bad that I couldn't play it anymore even when I uninstalled all the downloaded content!

Please help, I would totally owe you forever. >.<

Thanks for taking a look at this in advance! Smile

Well the process you've been following seems to be correct, and from the Fix you only really need the #Crack folder. And what do you mean you cannot play the game? When you open the launcher and press the play button, what happens? Does it give you an error or just nothing happens? Post more details about the problem please.

Back to top Go down

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Empty Re: I just don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Post by invalidusername Fri 01 Feb 2013, 15:18

Games downloaded and installed through Origin are actually in an entirely different folder, but will still run with your game. But yes, we definitely need more information on the error/problem with the game running, as your process seems to be fine.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 21:54

Whoop, sorry about that! x.x

Basically, game launcher works fine, but when it gets to loading the game itself...

I've tried launching the game from the game launcher, launching the game from the file in the Bin folder, and launching it from a desktop shortcut (which I had to do with my original games because they wouldn't launch from the launcher either).

Basically, I either get a black screen and the spinning blue wheel of death, then after a long wait I get a "This program is not responding do you want to see if windows can find a solution etc." warning and it just closes; or I get to the loading screen, and it loads fine, but as soon as it gets to 100%, the music stops, another long wait, and then it also stops responding. I is confused

The operating system I'm using is Windows 7. I'm on a laptop, but I know it has the capability to run the Sims 3 because I've been playing it for months on my laptop with no problems. I'll list my specs (that's what they're called, right?) anyways. There's a big sticker on my laptop that lists them, fortunately. Smile

Aspire 5251-1007
- AMD processor V120 (2.2 GHz)
- "All Mobility Radeon(tm)" HD 4250 Graphics
- Up to 1405MB "HyperMemory(tm)"
- 15.6" HD LED LCD
- 3 GB DDR3 Memory
- 250 GB HDD
- DVD-Super Multi DL drive
- "Acer Nplify(tm)"802.11 b/g/n
- 6-cell Li-ion battery
- Multi-gesture
- True cinematic view
- "HDMI (HDMI out)(tm)"
- Card reader

It is an acer laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 02 Feb 2013, 13:18

Hello,

See if any of this helps.
Let us know if you need help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 21:52

I'm a bit confused, do I do the striked-out parts as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Feb 2013, 23:12

katiehorses75 wrote:I'm a bit confused, do I do the striked-out parts as well?
Hello,

No, you may skip those for now.
Though the DEP fix is very important. Do watch the help video too!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top