Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first post and I dont know where to put it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My first post and I dont know where to put it Empty My first post and I dont know where to put it

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 06:33

It's not a problem or a comment..just more of a question. My base game and all the expansions are not store bought, and thus I used the patching and everything from this website. If I went out and bought Island Paradise, would it mess anything up given all my other stuff is not store bought?

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

My first post and I dont know where to put it Empty Re: My first post and I dont know where to put it

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2013, 08:41

zanev wrote:It's not a problem or a comment..just more of a question. My base game and all the expansions are not store bought, and thus I used the patching and everything from this website. If I went out and bought Island Paradise, would it mess anything up given all my other stuff is not store bought?

Hello,

No it will not mess up your other installations Wink.

Before you can install that expansion, you probably need to patch your base game. I suggest you download and apply that big "manual patch" (version 1.55).Then install "Island Paradise". After installing though, we suggest you apply that manual patch AGAIN (even if it says "your game is up-to-date already).

And at the end, you apply the "Ultimate fix". But it's enough when you use the two files from the #crack sub-folder in the fix (not all files are necessary when you update with the manual patch). Copy and paste these two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) to their right place, overwriting the existing files (see instructions in the fix !).

The new version of the Ultimate fix (for the 1.55 patch) here should be available soon.

And that should be it Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

My first post and I dont know where to put it Empty Re: My first post and I dont know where to put it

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:22

Thank you for the reply and for showing me where this topic should have been posted =)

Since I'd have the physical cd for Island why would I need to rerun ultimate fix? Is it just to make it no cd?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:28

Nothing will be messed up. You need the crack as long as you have non-bought games!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:31

Oh alright, I just thought it wouldn't matter anymore since my pirates have actual serial codes that I pulled off google.

Thanks for the heads up, when my cd comes Tuesday ill install then run the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:33

Well then, you can try without applying the Ultimate Fix, then do it if it goes wrong Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:33

Thanks. I'll let people know in this topic what happens in case anyone else sometime runs across a similar issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:35

Perfect! Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 08:13

So here is what happened for me:

I used the CD to install it, even registered the game, downloaded the limited edition content and logged into the launcher.

I took the cd out, and ran the TS3W shortcut I had already on my desk top (basically from when i had the pirated university, its a shortcut to the ultimate fix file).

Game ran and never asked for a CD, all content and features worked.

So what I basically think happened was because I had already patched the game before i got the new EP and already had it cracked it just worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:34

Nice!
So is your game working fine now?
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:17

No. Thanks though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top