Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.  Empty The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 23:10

Hello, this is my first post here.
I have a problem with the game and it's really annoying. The problem is, that everytime I move the camera, the game is laggy, not smooth and it looks like fps drop. The funny thing is, that it's not. I checked this using FRAPS and on almost ultra settings on Full HD I had 55-60 fps. I made a video using this software, so you can see what I'm talking about. The weird thing is that on this video it doesn't look that bad, even when it only shows 30fps (without fraps: 55-60 fps, with fraps 25-30fps).

My Sims 3 version is from Razor (I'm not sure if it matters?)
What I tried to do?
- I tried to use different patch
- I tried to play without seasons and then without seasons and pets (only The Sims 3)
- I tried to change my settings from very high to very low
- I even installed Windows again
- I updated my Nvidia Drivers
- I updated my BIOS
- I tried to play on WIN7/8
- I tried to force V-sync
- I tried to play with/without mods
But the game is just unplayable.

I have:
GTX 650 TI
AMD FX 4100 Quad Core
760GM-P23 (FX) Motherboard
8GB RAM

--
I can't show you the video, because "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." Sad

--

I'm downloading The Sims 3 demo from Origin to see if it would make any difference.

--
So it seems that I don't have this problem in The Sims 3 demo from Origin. I'll try to download a different version, probably RELOADED.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.

Post by invalidusername Tue 05 Feb 2013, 05:37

If you're going to download a new version of the base game, I'd recommend downloading it from the games4theworld website, or the files uploaded by them on piratebay. Then we know exactly what's in it, how to install it, everything. Smile

http://games4theworld.org/
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Camera Lag / Tearing - game is not smooth.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 13:14

Oh, ok. Thank you, I'll do this Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 05 Feb 2013, 20:11

Hello,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum, Reiden!
Demo? No, don't use any demo's.

Good luck and please let us know the result after installing the Games4theworld version(s). Correct instructions can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and re-download the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
Note that you may skip all "# Crack" folder, as specified on that page.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:46

I did everything but I still have this problem. It seems that it was indeed fps drop. After installing DirectX and changing my BIOS settings to default, FRAPS shows that I have about ~120FPS with fps drop to 10-60, and with v-sync on from 60 fps to about ~37 ~30 ~10 ~15.
Help Sad

I've made the 1920x1080 funmark benchmark (well, 5 minutes of it, but still...) and my average fps is 21, minimum is 20 and maximum is 24. It seems stable. GPU max temp.: 77C, min: 36C.

Oh, and it pauses for a split second (most of the time) where the FPS drops (In The Sims 3)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 08 Feb 2013, 10:41

Hello,

You may also try the options here, there are some things you haven't tried yet that may help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top