Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.  Empty (Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 09:14

Hey Guys, My PC Specs are: CPU: Amd fx 4300
                                        GPU: Nvidia geforce gtx 660ti
                                        Ram: 16Gb
My Problem is that when I Pan/Scroll/Move my Camera/view I experience Lag, or even some type of stutter or jitter, It really ruins the whole experience for me, So I really need a fix. I have seen forums filled with this issue with no conclusion. So I was hoping your G4TW,s expertise could assist me. I am updated to the latest version and have purchased all expansions. I have no mods or C.C. I really dont want to waste $400 (Sims + DLC) because of this. 

-Thank you help would be greatly appreciated

Back to top Go down

(Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.  Empty Re: (Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:41

No need to bump...
Ok, try to use GameBooster from IOBit!

Back to top Go down

(Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.  Empty Re: (Please Help ASAP) Sims 3 Lag and gitter when panning/scrolling camera.

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:48

I tried gamebooster to but still the same case. Thanks for trying though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:07

lol this is so frustrating. Already attempted this.
And as a note i have been researching for a solution for a couple of days now. I have seen most posts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:17

Ok, any saved game or items you need to keep?
Any Mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 22:37

Nope, No saved games or items I need to keep. I do have the Master controller and overwatch mods installed as I sough them out as a solution, but upcourse they didint help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 09:17

Ok then try to delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Then restart your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:36

Still Lags

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:40

Try to update you graphic card drivers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 07:50

It's already Updated to the Latest Version

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 20 Jul 2013, 08:04

Hello,

Can you give me the information of your pc's processor? It can be found in Control Panel >> System and Security >> System.

J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 08:29

AMD FX 4300... 3.8Ghz, 4 cores

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 09:36

hello???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:02

I have the exact same case, and my PC is even more powerful than yours is, this is annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:35

This has happened to me too. A couple of things that may help: adjust your in-game settings so the graphics options are not the highest possible. Then restart your game and see if that works. Try to play with the settings a bit, if there is something you care less about you might be able to put that on the lowest setting and make your sims image higher.

I also had this issue happen to me much more often when my town got crowded very easily. Does this happen as much when you're starting a new town or does it happen more after a few days/weeks with the same family? If it's the latter I recommend using the NRAAS mods like Overwatch and Story Progression. It cleans up your town by getting rid of abandoned vehicles, turning off TVs in other households, resetting stuck sims and (if you wish) deleting homeless sims.

I use them and it's made my game faster because everything was getting so laggy. Is the rest of your game as slow or is it just this? Let me know if this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 02:30

Lol I have overwatch and Master Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 03:48

Hello,

Lags always happen to Simmers. There are things that you can do to minimise lag spikes:
(1) Adjust the in-game settings, as mentioned by Truffles.

(2) Try this and that.

(3) Clear the following caches:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

(4) Rename this folder: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Bear in mind that you might lose all your CC/Mods.

(5) Update your mods. Since Island Paradise is released, NRaas mods are often updated to correct the errors found during 1.55 update.

(6) Defragment your hard disk drives. Go to Computer and right-click the one that you store your games in. Choose Properties >> Tools >> Defragment Now.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:00

I am still facing issues

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 30 Jul 2013, 03:01

How bad is this lag, is it livable, or is it game-breakingly bad?

My new laptop can run many other games at awesome graphic levels and such, but still lags terribly with the sims 3. It may be at a point where you'll have to pick and choose between expansions and stuff packs in order for your game to run quickly.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 08:16

To be honest, The Lag spoils the Entire Experience it's self. I even tried Re installing with the Base Game it's self only, but still had issues. Well Thanks for helping guys!. Despite all the Requested Support, EA really does not seem to acknowledge this Issue, Way to go EA, Screwed another customer of $400.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 30 Jul 2013, 08:34

Hello,

Have you tried to lower the "detailed lot" in "Options"? This might help.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top