Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads Empty The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:04

Hello!!!

I am having a problem with The Sims 3. I have the following expansions packs installed: Ambitions, Pets, Seasons and Supernatural. I have NO custom content installed. When I enter the game using the TS3W.exe I receive the pop up saying I have an unofficial patch and I always click continue. The game loads just fine. I have no problems entering the town or any of my saved games. I just recently installed the expansions and since the install, I have been unable to enter "Buy" mode. I haven't attempted to enter "Build" mode, but this is what happens when I enter "Buy". The toolbar at the bottom changes to the different mode and the sorting options are displayed, but the items in the "Buy" mode will not appear. The cursor continues to show the loading dial and it will never load. I cannot re-enter "Live" mode and I cannot enter "Build" mode while this loading is taking place. I have tried the ultimate fix and I have the 1.50 Patch. If I need to remove the 1.50 patch, is there a way for me to do that without uninstalling everything and starting from scratch? I don't know if it is the patch causing the problem because, as I said earlier, there are absolutely no other problems with the gameplay other than "Buy" mode never loading. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads 2830496658 The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads 1577371209

P.S. GAMES4THEWORLD ROCKS!!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Buy Mode Never Loads

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:11

Another thread popped up about this and the issue is in fact the 1.50 patch. You can uninstall the sims 3 base game and keep the expansions and then reinstall sims 3 and the manual 1.4 patch.

ALTHOUGH: I did this, and the problem I have is that it says the base game is incompatible with my expansion pack because the version is newer. If anyone has a fix for this it would be appreciated, otherwise I'm stuck until the ultimate fix 1.50 comes out.

Also, I really appreciate the time that's being put into helping us pirates by the staff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 22:25

Thank you zb1234. I was not aware you could uninstall the base game without uninstalling the expansions. I will try to do this while waiting for a response from the staff. Does anyone know where my save content is actually saved? I created my entire family when I was only playing on the original and I would like to be able to keep those sims if possible.

Do we have any idea when the ultimate fix 1.50 will come available? I noticed the older one was just updated in January, and I'm not sure exactly how difficult these are to make.

And ditto to your comment about the staff. I've looked at this website for quite awhile and this is the first time I have actually posted and made account. I usually find all my information without posting because of the thorough, expert advice posted on other topics by the staff. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:01

antlee wrote:Does anyone know where my save content is actually saved?

Your saves are located in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves".

Also, people seem to be getting hyped up about this 1.50 patch, so I have a feeling it's not too far off.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:28

Since the patch has been out since yesterday, and Admin said something about the fix being worked on in the Aurora Skies upload announcement, I'm guessing it will be cracked soon. Smile

And oh my. I am so excited about this patch, honestly. It's supposed to have fixed a lot of older issues finally.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:36

Thank you guys. Your help has been greatly appreciated. I am having a problem finding my original game disc, but I will let you know if it resolves the problem when I find it an re-install. Otherwise I will just wait for the update.

THANK YOU!!!

Ant

//EDIT

I was unable to find the disc, but I found my little booklet with my
serial code and I was able to download it from Origin. It is working
just fine now, but I did have to remove the "The Sims 3" folder from "My
Documents" in order for it to work. I backed up my saves and now I am
going to try installing the rest of the expansions and stuff packs. I'll
be back if I have any problems!

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your post, instead of double-posting. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 13:04

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear it's working so far.
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the final result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 13:55

Seems i also have the same problem after i patch to 1.50 :/ and is soo frustating. Is there any way to fix the buy mode problem? Or is it possible to re-install the base game and install again with out problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 15:30

AyraMizrim wrote:Seems i also have the same problem after i patch to 1.50 :/ and is soo frustating. Is there any way to fix the buy mode problem? Or is it possible to re-install the base game and install again with out problem?
Hello,

Please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to track progress and to provide personal help, thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:25

So is this problem only fixed by deleting the base game, and then re-downloading & not updating to 1.50?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:17

easybakewifey wrote:So is this problem only fixed by deleting the base game, and then re-downloading & not updating to 1.50?
Admin wrote:
AyraMizrim wrote:Seems i also have the same problem
after i patch to 1.50 :/ and is soo frustating. Is there any way to fix
the buy mode problem? Or is it possible to re-install the base game and
install again with out problem?
Hello,

Please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to track progress and to provide personal help, thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 05:30

okies so i have a combination of problems..i will do my best to expain them to whoever is going to read this...

#1 i have all expansions and when i try to enter the buy mode to do some deco i freeze...completely i have to manually close the game by using the ctrl-alt delete..

#2 i was reading something about a fix and an update do i downloaded the fix and it whiped out most of my expansions and it will not even load now...says there is an update available but when i click nothing...

#3 i had added some custom content and the game runs very slow..so now what i am in the process of doing is re-installing the sims 3 base game...do i need to uninstall and reinstall all expansions or what exactly do i do to cure all of these problems?

***************i guess i did not fully understand how the game fix works and did it wrong so i killed my sims...*pouts*********************

if someone could get in touch with me and tell me what to do after this download is done...then do i do the fix or what??

yours truly...

confused...LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Feb 2013, 19:47

solardia wrote:okies so i have a combination of problems..i will do my best to expain them to whoever is going to read this...

#1 i have all expansions and when i try to enter the buy mode to do some deco i freeze...completely i have to manually close the game by using the ctrl-alt delete..

#2 i was reading something about a fix and an update do i downloaded the fix and it whiped out most of my expansions and it will not even load now...says there is an update available but when i click nothing...

#3 i had added some custom content and the game runs very slow..so now what i am in the process of doing is re-installing the sims 3 base game...do i need to uninstall and reinstall all expansions or what exactly do i do to cure all of these problems?

***************i guess i did not fully understand how the game fix works and did it wrong so i killed my sims...*pouts*********************

if someone could get in touch with me and tell me what to do after this download is done...then do i do the fix or what??

yours truly...

confused...LOL
Again... *Sigh*
Admin wrote:
easybakewifey wrote:So is this problem only fixed by
deleting the base game, and then re-downloading & not updating to
1.50?
Admin wrote:
AyraMizrim wrote:Seems i also have the same problem
after i patch to 1.50 :/ and is soo frustating. Is there any way to fix
the buy mode problem? Or is it possible to re-install the base game and
install again with out problem?