Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:12

I go into build/buy mode and when I try to go back to live mode the little loading circle thing pops up and then it just stays that way. The game doesn't load or anything. I end up losing everything and I can't even get the game to shut down, and I have to restart my computer just to get it to shut off. I tried restarting the game and that it still happened. I also tried to load the game then 'save as...' so it would be a new save game and I loaded that and it still happened. I'm not sure whats going on, but maybe it has something to do with the update? I just updated to 1.33, I did use the fix though so I'm not sure why that would be the problem.

I could really use some help here! I just want to play my stupid game with out it freezing up and then I have to reboot my computer and game and hope it doesn't happen again.
Hope to be hearing from you guys soon, thanks so much.
-Shandra

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:42

Hello,

When you patched to 1.33, did you also update your mods and use the new fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 23:57

I did use the fix, but now I completely forgot to update my mods! Thats probably it, I'll try that and see how it works

//EDIT

So I updated my mods and it worked for a second, but after I was in build/buy for more than 10 minutes it wouldn't let me go back to live mode again and I had to restart my computer to get the game to shut down.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 May 2012, 09:25

Hello,

Is it possible that some of your mods conflict with each other? Use Delphy's Dashboard to find out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 17:10

No that isn't it that...
I tried reapplying the fix again last night too and that did nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 May 2012, 19:31

Hello,

See if these do anything for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 22:47

I started to run it without my cc and right before I did I noticed a mod that I didn't even realise I had and it didn't have an update so I deleted it and my game seems to be working okay for now.
Don't I feel stupid. oh well
Thanks for all your help (:

//EDIT

Okay so it turns out I was wrong and it just froze up again when I tried to get into live mode from build/buy. I restarted my computer and ran without cc just to be sure and its still freezing up.
It was running fine before I updated to 1.33 so I'm starting to think its the patch

//EDIT

Okay, It has to be the patch. I went back through that list and made sure I had done everything on it, I made sure everything was updated, I ran the game without any cc, I've tried playing other saves and creating new games and nothing it working.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 May 2012, 09:38

Hello,

Have you tried clearing the caches? The easiest way is to drag&drop the entire The Sims 3 folder on your desktop from My Documents\Electronic arts. A new one is generated when you open the launcher.
After that you can put your saves, mods and downloadsfolder back.
Note that you'll have to reinstall your sims3packs with the launcher after this.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 16:42

Yes I tried this, but it didn't help any. ):

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 May 2012, 20:51

Hello,

Did the game ever work normal for you?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 21:30

Hello,

Yes, it worked fine before I patched it to 1.33

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 May 2012, 21:34

Hello,

Are you sure you removed the whole "The Sims 3" folder from Documents\Electronic Arts ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 21:55

Hello,

Yes, I removed the whole thing to my desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 May 2012, 22:47

Hello,

Did you try reinstalling already?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 22:54

Hello,

No not yet, I was hoping not to since I have so many expansions and some of them are retail so I don't know if I would just download them instead or use the disk. The more i think about it though the more I'm thinking thats probably what I'm going to have to do.

//EDIT

And I'm worried that I'll go through all the trouble of reinstalling it and then it might not even be fixed. Like if I update to 1.33 and it was the patch and then its broken again, and all of that work would have been for nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 00:02

Hello,

I can help you reinstall everything when I have time.
Please join the Foum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. I'll reinstall everything for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 02:16

Hello,

I don't think I'll have time to do it anytime soon, but thank you.
I'll defiantly post if I have any problems when I'm able to get around to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 09:39

Hello,

Don't forget to restart your PC after uninstalling everything and prior to reinstalling!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top