Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 02:36

Yesterday I first noticed when playing The Sims 3 I was renovating in build/buy mode and when I returned to live mode, the loading wheel wouldn't stop and I couldn't do anything! I have to ctrl+alt+delete and close The Sims 3 from my task manager. Yesterday is the first time this started happening. It's freezing today, too. I have the ultimate fix installed, up to the latest fix, and The Sims 3 is updated to the newest patch from this site. I don't have any mods but I do have custom content. When I first installed the latest fix and updated The Sims 3 everything was working fine, but out of nowhere it started freezing every time I try to enter live mode from build/buy mode! I've googled possible answers on why it's doing this and how to fix it, but nothing is helping. I need help!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:16

Hello,

Try it without the CC first, you never know what causes a conflict.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 09:22; edited 1 time in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes when going into live mode from build/buy mode

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 07:30

So I ran it without CC, went to build/buy mode, then back to live mode and it froze again. Sad

EDIT: I've cleared my caches like other sites have recommended. I've also been going through the Sims 3 Crash Checklist but none of the steps have worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Nov 2012, 09:24

Hello,

Did you also try to backup and remove the entire The Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 09:49

Yes I did that too with no luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:12

Hello,

How about these possible solutions?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:05

I did the steps, but still my game freezes when going from build/buy to live.

//EDIT

I decided to give up on the one household, thinking maybe it was just the apartment or something that was making my game freeze. I made a new household and placed them on a lot, but when I went to switch active households the game froze. I could move around the map, the music was still playing, but I couldn't zoom in/out or click on anything... That has happened several times now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:02

Hello,

Did you also try another town?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 06:07

Thank you for the suggestion! I loaded a different town, went to build/buy mode, then back to live mode and NO PROBLEM!
So what do I do about the "bad" town??

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:48

Hello,

You can give up on that town, or load it's residents into a new town with this mod.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top