Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Patching Effects CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Patching Effects CC Empty How Patching Effects CC

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 07:57

Sorry, another newbie question. I understand that you're working on the new ultimate fix, and I know not to update yet.
I was just looking through Mod The Sims and wondering how old something is allowed to be that you download. Is it dangerous to have outdated stuff? Quite a lot of content there is old.
Right now I only have Awesomemod, store content from this website, a painting mod, a t shirt I made, and some NRaas stuff.
Should I remove all this once the new fix comes out? I've tried searching and haven't found any certain answers.
I understand the general risks of CC--but I'm wondering if this will be game-breaking stuff. (Obviously I'd like my game to work fairly well, but little glitches aren't that big of a deal to me.)

Sorry to post all my questions, but it's REALLY hard to find up-to-date information on this game.

Back to top Go down

How Patching Effects CC Empty Re: How Patching Effects CC

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 09:22

Don't apologize for asking a question! Wink It will help you and others who are looking for the same answer.

Always remove your mods folder when patching.

And yeah, your mods should be up to date with your current patch.
You will have to check the download source to see if they've got updates available (preferably before you patch).
Keep in mind though that a mod update may not be needed with a new patch. That's why it's best to check the source. Very Happy

I would think AwesomeMod would be game-breaking if not up to date as it's a core-mod. But I also imagine that NRaas could be game-breaking too.
I definitely would not update my game until I had each of those mods updated (or the source said an update was not required).
The painting mod--? Regarding painting skill, I'd check for updates. Painting as in wall art, nah.

Though awhile back a lot of objects required a rig fix with the Pets patch, but that's another nightmare story. Laughing Not a mod thing.

If anyone patches their game and the game gets borked, they're always told to check the mods to make sure they're compatible with the patch.
So, yes, it really can be game-breaking. But it's an easy fix: Either update or remove the mod.
Hope this helps you~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 09:37

Thank you very much. I suppose I'll have to wait a little while before patching.

Edit: I looked up NRaas, and they're working on the updates.
Now I just have to wait for Relativity, a more final awesomemod (don't want to risk the test version), and the ultimate fix.

Last edited by beryllium on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 09:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Feb 2013, 19:17

Hello,

Working on the Ultimate Fix now, stay tuned. Wink
Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:28

I don't if you're online anymore, but I do have an off-topic (still Sims) question...My Bridgeport seems pretty empty. My computer is able to run the Sims properly, so I at least have the bare minimum. (I think my rating is 5.9) However, I don't know if adding more townies would hurt the game.

If this question should be put somewhere else, let me know! Thanks for all your hard work! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Feb 2013, 23:01

Hello,

Your question is whether you can add more towns?
Sure, install more worlds and then test the game. If they cause too much problems, just remove them.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 23:07

I was more asking about adding more NPC's (sometimes referred to as townies I think).
I've heard that the number of people is determined by the amount your computer can handle, but my town is so lonely for my social-loving Sim... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:38

Hello there,

Oh, I see, sorry.
I don't know much about the in-game stuff of this game, but there is probably a Mod or something for that. Please wait for someone else's reply.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:13

beryllium wrote:I was more asking about adding more NPC's (sometimes referred to as townies I think).
I've heard that the number of people is determined by the amount your computer can handle, but my town is so lonely for my social-loving Sim... Sad

I would suggest downloading Nraas' storyprogression mod.
His mod has an algorithm in it that affects the immigration standards. If you town is missing npc's that should be there, the game puts out a number. It'll keep putting out numbers until the numbers hit the level they need to hit before the game creates a new npc.

Nraas' default number is 0, so whenever the game detects an npc is needed, it scripts and spawns a new one. Although, with your game, if there really isn't that many people (Bridgeport can be kind of weird, npc's are virtually non-existent except in the hotspots) then this mod will probably slow down your game a little. If that troubles you, you can download the mod, play for an hour, deal with whatever lag may happen, let the mod do it's work and spawn in all the npcs it needs to, and then remove the mod.

Although, the update to this mod is much better than the last. When he updated it for 1.50, either EA changed their game, or he coded it better, and it works MUCH faster than usual. When I used the mod, my game had a persistent lag, where the sim would consistently freeze but the game itself wasn't frozen. That no longer happens and my game works perfectly without any lag.

Hope I helped!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 18:31

Thank you! I was just thinking about installing StoryProgression.
So excited to update... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top