Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working? Empty Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 16:35

Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working? 611149516
I installed TS3 a while ago with Seasons and it worked fine, now I've tired to download Pets and Diesel Stuff, but I've run into problems. I got Pets to work fine at first, although I didn't run the game therefore I don't know if Pets is the problem. Seasons still worked. Soon I ran into troubles trying to get Diesel Stuff to work. I put everything in the '#Crack' folder into the Bin in TS3 folder and opened the launcher. The launcher showed Seasons and Pets as active but Diesel Stuff showed as inactive, I tried a few more times and finally it worked. I've just opened it back up and Pets and Diesel Stuff are active but Seasons is not. I tried to at least run the game, I tired to run it about 5 times, nothing happens at all other than the launcher closing.

Below is my TS3 Electronic Arts folder.
Spoiler:

Below is TS3 addon lineup on the launcher
Spoiler:

I'd like to play the game, and I can't. Plus I really like Seasons at a lot of my Sims have Seasons items. Help, please?

Last edited by melktea on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:04; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working? Empty Re: Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 17:13

This only happens when you don't follow up by using the Ultimate Fix and applying to said games.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow the instructions and when you are done, Your games will show again.

Back to top Go down

Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working? Empty Re: Pets, Seasons and Diesel Stuff not working?

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:44

Hello,

Be sure to RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 06:55

I had done as told, my situation is worse. Now Diesel Stuff and Seasons don't show up and Pets is telling me that I need to put in a disk. I followed the guide on fixing Pets, but it didn't do anything at all.
Question: Am I supposed to let Origin update? I've been told yes and no, so I have no idea.

//EDIT

Ah, I've fixed it!
I can finally play Sims again, yay

//EDIT
Well, I lied.
Everything except build/edit works. I tried updating again, but then it tells me that diesel stuff and seasons need disks. After I put the files in the #Crack folders in, it fixes the disk problem. I deactivated my mods and it didn't help at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:43

Hello,

What exactly is the current problem?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:19

Diesel Stuff, Seasons, and Pets all work as well as I can see, but when I load the game it tells me that my downloadable content is out of date.
If I try to update again, afterwards when I try and load the game again, it tells me that Diesel Stuff and Seasons need disks. I've installed the patch and the ultimate fix twice as well as putting Diesel Stuff and Seasons #Crack files, but again, it tells me my addons are out of date.
When I do get into the game, ignoring the 'out of date' message, when I try to use buy/edit, the panels don't show up. Even if I am able to get them up by double clicking, only edit works although I can't do anything. When I try to g back to town view nothing happens, and when I click the '...' button, nothing happens, the only way I can close the game is by turning off my computer because alt+tab doesn't work what-so-ever, but this is only in edit.
Character creation works perfectly fine, but as far as I know that's all that works, I needed to make a new home for my Sims when I realized the editor problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:28

Hello,

That error doesn't sound familiar.
Please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:13

Is it "You are running an unofficial modification that doesn't match your installed game"? Or something along those lines, I don't remember exacts.

invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 21:18

Yes, it is that error.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 26 Feb 2013, 21:48

Try backing up and removing "documents/electronic arts/the sims 3".
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 04:46

I just did as you'd said, nothing happened, the same error popped up and edit still doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:05

Hello,

Please do these instructions again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
This time RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix. (Don't use an old download you still have on your PC!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2013, 14:46

I did as you said after removing Seasons and Pets to see if those were the problem. I opened up Sims and although it took a little longer to load, it still did. It asked for the disk, and I closed it and put in the crack file. I have a feeling I shouldn't have because now Sims won't open. About all I know at this point is that Pets or Seasons had to have been the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:09

Hello,

Please reinstall Pets and Seasons if you want them.
So, the game is asking for a disc now? If yes, did you actually RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix?

If yes, please post a screenshot of the folder where you copied the crack to and a screenshot of the folder where you "grabbed" the crack from. Thank you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 06:06

I've been putting the #Crack files into this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Which is what I've been told.
I installed Pets and Seasons again, and again a message with the following error pops up:
Spoiler:
I disabled all mods, so this has something to do with one of the addons.

If I completely ignore this message, I do not get any errors about not having disk, which it a plus. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is build/edit. I don't know what causes this at all. Below is a picture of what happens when I try and use it.
Spoiler:
I can't click anything when this happens, the only way I can close TS3 is when I alt+tab, r-click, and close window, otherwise I can't do anything. This is my only problem now...
By the way, I just wanted to thank you, Admin, invalidusername, and stabitha666 for helping me out and dealing with me, I feel bad because I'm taking up a lot of time Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Mar 2013, 15:37

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
It's OK, we're here to help.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top