Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED] Empty Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 21:14

I will give you all some background of my games.

-Windows 8, never had a problem until Patch 1.50. I did Patch 1.50 via launcher since the super patch did not want to work at all for me.

-Bought Sims 3 Plus Pets game [they came together at Walmart]

-I have all the other expansion and stuff packs as torrents. I'd say 75% came from you, the others came from whatever was highest as seeds.

I have seen on the boards here and on the Sims 3 website that this is a common, or beginning to become, a common problem. Yes, I can easily play the game WITHOUT using the buy/build mode, but what fun is that?! I'd like to access that part, it IS apart of the game.

But I've been having the same problem. It'll load up, but that's it. The loading circle just keeps going and going. I sat there last night for almost 30 minutes waiting to see if it'll pop up. Never did. My friend, she has a couple games but they aren't torrents, is having the same problems. So I KNOW it's not a torrent fault.

Things I've tried:

-New world
-New save
-Run without mods or CC

The mods I have are Story Progression and Overwatch from Nraas. I updated them to fit the 1.50 patch. Yes, I also took my mods out before updating the patch.

The CC I have is just hair. And on the launcher via sims3packs, I only have things that came with worlds. So the worlds, their objects and stuff.

I have no idea what else to do. I have every single expansion and stuff pack and I really don't feel like uninstalling every single one, just to reinstall it when I see people doing that and it won't work for them. Sad

What else can I do? I know you guys can help me.

I'm a new member so I can't show you the picture of what I mean, but I can easily send it to you another way.

Back to top Go down

Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 21:39

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum!
Sounds like a recent problem, indeed.
Try backing up and removing this folder completely: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 23:00

May I ask that you please explain how to do this so I don't mess up my game any further?

Edit:

Wait, do you mean to copy the Sims 3 folder in the My Documents section, posting it on your desktop and trying to load the game that way? I read that somewhere on here or sims 3 website, and tried that. It still didn't stop the buy mode from disappearing. Or am I even doing that right?

//EDIT

Nevermind, The Ultimate Fix fixed it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:54

Hello,

Glad to hear the Ultimate Fix did the trick.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Buy/Build Mode Gone?. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male