Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. Empty Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 12:45

I have recently installed the sims 3 70s 80s 90s stuff from here. I have all the expansion packs from disc and have had no trouble in the past with CC.
The custom content (sims 3 packs) that i am trying to install is from the store and various other sites. I install it and the launcher says "success", but when i go in the installed tab it isn't installed.
I read on another post that store content does not work with cracked games, but my content isn't just from the store.
I have tried deleting ALL the cache files from documents/Electronic Arts and the download files and restarting but it won't work.
I have also tried converting the sims 3 packs to package files but the game cannot handle it as there are too many files.
I have also tried installing in incriments of 10 at a time with the sims 3 packs but to no avail.
I have the latest patch (1.50) and the lastest Ultimate fix. (Done by the instructions from here)
When i go into the launcher it states "cannot connect to origin"
Origin is installed but the files are not in C:/programfiles/electronic arts.instead just a empty EADM file
I was wondering if this could be a problem as to why my cc wont install.
This all happened affter i installed 70s 80s and 90s stuff...
i need a solution to this problem as i have been searching the internet for days trying to determine the cause.
Please Help....

Back to top Go down

Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. Empty Re: Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 02:30

I think I have a solution.
Maybe a hard one..

Try to find the original files of TS3W.exe and the .dll file located on The Sims 3/game/bin location for REMOVE the crack.
Then download Daemon Tools program, search on google the mini image for the 70s 80s & 90s Stuff pack.
Mount the image with Daemon Tools and try again to install your CC

I hate the cracks, and totally rather to use mini images!

Back to top Go down

Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. Empty Re: Custom content WONT install after 70s, 80s, 90s stuff.

Post by invalidusername Wed 06 Mar 2013, 04:13

Having a cracked game shouldn't change the way your cc is installing. Did you test the game to see if it was showing up in game? The launcher sometimes doesn't update properly, likes to show false negatives/positives when installing cc, even on a legit game.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:09

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have tried running the game and the cc still won't show. I found the original files that I backed up (ts3w.exe) and .dll file and copied them back to the sims 3 bin. I also uninstalled the sims 3 70s, 80s and 90s stuff and removed the crack and the cc still doesn't work. I'm now starting to think it has something to do with updating to 1.50, as I have uninstalled/reinstalled my all my games and cleared the registry numerous times. I have had no trouble with cc either when I was running on 1.42 patch..... Any suggestions..??.?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:33

I had the same problem, and the only way to make the cc appears on the game is to play offline.

I mean, turn off every internet conection before open the launcher and play in the same way.

I know it doesn't have any sense that an internet conection kill our cc, but it was the first and only solution I found

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:06

Hello,

Internet shouldn't make a difference though...
Is it only with .Sims3Pack files or also with .package files not showing up?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:22

Admin wrote:Hello,

Internet shouldn't make a difference though...
Is it only with .Sims3Pack files or also with .package files not showing up?

It's only with sims3pack files. The problem only seems to be with the launcher and custom content I try to run through it. Package files ARE working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:06

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top