Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED] Empty Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 03:55

Hi,
I've set up bootcamp on my mac and downloaded TS3 with all EPs via G4TW. I already play sims 3 at mac os x mountain lion and now I've got Windows 7 Ultimate. No problem until here. Game updates itself when I install a new EP,however when I open the launcher and press the "refresh" button it says that a new update is available. I click "ok" and it starts downloading aaaand nothing happens. When I try to click on "cancel" or another button on launcher,the cursor turns into hourglass and stays forever. My launcher version is 17.0.something now. I've got showtime,pets,70s 80s 90s stuff and I've applied the ultimate fix.

Note: I can play the game. It doesn't freeze,even really so fast. The only problem is that I can not update.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:55

Hello,

Please follow these instructions to update safely: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update Freezes All the Time(WIN 7) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 19:13

First of all,thank you for answering my topic Smile

The link didn't start downloading so I tried to find another way. I checked my skuversion.txt. I think it updated to 1.50 while installing University Life. So there is no problem Smile

And another point,after I installed the University Life EP,I applied the Ultimate Fix(It was the latest version and had University Life) . Then I had a huge problem with the launcher. It didn't recognize the EP's that updated base game (70s 80s 90s stuff,katy perry's sweet treats,supernatural,university life etc.) I managed to fix this by replacing the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll inside The sims 3/Game/Bin with the ones inside the latest EP's #Crack folder. I used University Life's crack. I hope this topic helps people who have the same problem.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:33

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Glad to hear it's all working now. Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need help again!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top