Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regedit Still Required for Install?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Regedit Still Required for Install? Empty Regedit Still Required for Install?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 04:01

I'm VERY new to the PC side of installing Sims 3, and I know things have changed with the Ultimate Fix. I've got the base successfully installed, and its now patched to 1.50. I'm moving on to installing the other expansions by order of their release.

According to this, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly, all I need to do is install the base and the expansions, then apply the #Crack files. But the World Adventures instruction guide says I need to go into regedit and change the SKU. Is this still a requirement?

Just an FYI, because I installed the base and immediately patched with the manual patch found here, the SKU is at 7.

Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Regedit Still Required for Install? Empty Re: Regedit Still Required for Install?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:14

I downloaded WA and OLS after 1.50 and it worked for me, i didnt edit it at all Smile

Just make sure you ignore the crack files in the expansion pack files.
and download the ultimate fix file from here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Regedit Still Required for Install? Empty Re: Regedit Still Required for Install?

Post by invalidusername Wed 06 Mar 2013, 15:28

If you do have a "region" problem during installation, that's when you need to change the SKU. Otherwise, don't fix what's not broken. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top