Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 21:14

Help   I got a new computer yesterday and I went to install the Sims 3. When I got to World Adventures and needed to change the SKU, i ran into an issue. When I opened regedit the SKU part was missing. I'm including a picture so you can see what I mean.

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED] Skumissing_zpsd5a4a397

As you can see along the side, I am at the right location, but on the section to the right, it doesn't display the SKU. I don't understand what to do. I've tried googling the issue, but haven't found any solutions. Someone please help! I have Windows 8, if that means anything.

Back to top Go down

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Oct 2013, 22:38

TakemetoWonderland wrote:

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED] Skumissing_zpsd5a4a397
Hello,

This is the wrong path. Wink

The correct path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

What you did above was
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts (!!!)\Sims\The Sims 3, which is wrong.

I hope this helps you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SKU missing from RegEdit can't install World Adventures. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 22:41

Embarassed Omg I'm stupid. I've installed the Sims like 8 times now, you would think I woulda noticed that. *fail* Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Oct 2013, 22:46

TakemetoWonderland wrote:Embarassed Omg I'm stupid. I've installed the Sims like 8 times now, you would think I woulda noticed that. *fail* Thank you so much!

This is not stupid. Wink

Is there anything else ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 23:09

No that was the only issue! I really appreciate the help. :3

Moderator edit: OK, have fun! Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top