Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wondering about the new SimCity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just wondering about the new SimCity? Empty Just wondering about the new SimCity?

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:23

I was ready to hash out the $80, but after hearing all the complaints and seeing the atrocity that EA has done of working the servers, I don't think I'll ever give 'em my money. Kind of a picket. FUU!

Another thing, they did all this to prevent "piracy"? I've spent enough money buying games from them that were worth shit; this is a way of getting a somewhat of a refund.

So...Not sure if the game is possible to crack--still hoping, 'cause the game itself looks fun, just not the "you need an internet connection".
I saw some people upload the game, but no cracks. Just want to know if there is hope for cracking the game.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Just wondering about the new SimCity? Empty Re: Just wondering about the new SimCity?

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:13

admin should have a working copy soon

Back to top Go down

Just wondering about the new SimCity? Empty Re: Just wondering about the new SimCity?

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:31

Do we have an ETA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:57

no not yet but dont think it be to long

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:14

Can't find a torrent anywhere, Origin must be giving the pirate coders hell...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:10

its gonna take a few days to do it aint impossible dont forget the latest sims 3 game just come out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:15

kidrock2k12 wrote:its gonna take a few days to do it aint impossible dont forget the latest sims 3 game just come out

Yeah, but there have been 3,000 leeches on University Life since yesterday! I'm still trying (barely) to download it.

54.2% added 23 hours ago!

Ridiculous!

It says ETA 1:30 though. Maybe I'll be lucky, and not have to wait another day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:21

your have it soon im sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:43

kidrock2k12 wrote:its gonna take a few days to do it aint impossible dont forget the latest sims 3 game just come out

Expansion*

And these things might as well come out on the daily basis, all they do is make the game run even worse than it did already. Maxis' logo appears in the intro this time though, does that mean they are back on board?

Anyway what exactly is the story with SimCity's servers? Heard a lot of people are raging over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:52

it keeps crashing and people cant get back on for hrs and people cant get on there own servers they sent a post on ther facebook and twitter page saying they have sorted it but it aint because people still cant get on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 01:14

It's horrid, honestly. Pay $80, and you can't even play the game?
Seriously. Most of us have returned the game. I feel bad for Maxis; been pressured by EA just so they can get even more money. We want the torrent because the game itself is quality. The service is just horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 02:32

~*~*~Update~*~*~

I've been actively monitoring several sites (even at work) over the past few hours and this is what came up:

1) I saw somewhere that someone had also posted an "offline mode" mod already.

Unfortunately,
I do not have the link for that, but I was wondering about the
dependability of that since the game doesn't have mod support right
now... Rolling Eyes

2)(In case you didn't see this...yet) There's a petition going around to
get the Offline Mode for SimCity:
https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games#share

3) EA is currently adding more servers, (or so they say: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9342980.page). According
to some players, EA was working on the servers last night/this morning and it had improved the gameplay but only for this morning on the American side.

4) There's a screencap of someone chatting to EA's customer's service demanding a refund: http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2013/03/sim.jpg

Long
story short: Apparently, EA (before the game was released) made a
statement saying that if the customer felt that their game was
unsatisfactory, they could demand a refund (for Origin).

The CSR clarified the
statement (referring to a link about their legal statement) and told
the consumer that refunds were given at EA's discretion. The CSR even mentioned that anyone who gets or demands a refund would be banned from Origin.

Because
of this, a lot of other consumers who have preordered their games (mostly UK) have
cancelled their orders as a precaution so that they could get a
guaranteed refund.
NOW Origin has clarified via Twitter that the whole "refund-banning thing" is a just rumor. (Sure...) Just wondering about the new SimCity? 1558443509

Here's the article: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/03/no-ea-wont-ban-you-on-origin-if-you-ask-for-a-refund-for-simcity/

5) Reviews of SimCity have TANKED (not surprisingly). Amazon even went a step further and stopped selling the downloadable version of it: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/07/amazon_pulls_simcity_after_server_woes/ However, it's really kinda sad since this was an excellent game series.

It looks like everyone, including those who have bought the game, is waiting for a miracle hacker to resolve EA's issues.

Poor Maxis, all of these years developing this game and they have experienced the worst launch since Diablo 3... Just wondering about the new SimCity? 2279017149

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 04:27

Frustrating, really. But, all we can do is wait and wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 09:35

well for 1 Ea is maxis, maxis is Ea 2 what they have done with this game is just not right when your a diehard fan of it thats played and had every game they have gone down the wronge path

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top