Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation. Empty need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:29

Heya. long time lurker second time ive posted ( dont hate on me)
Im usally the one helping people on other forums with their sims problems but this is that odd time i cant find a solution to my problem. And im hoping i could get some guidance on what to do =)
my problem is installing new expansions pack. so i have all expansion packs released to sims and
i use the guide you proved here
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
and i use the ultimate fix provided here
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Now to my problem
every time i install a new expansions pack my game stops working and i need to re install it completely every time.
i want to install the University life expansion pack provided from you but i prefer not having to re install everything again just to get it to work.

what i do when i install a new expansion pack
remove all my mods and custom content from the game.
back up all my sims folders.
mount the file and complete the installation.

and lasty i update the game and use the ultimate fix. i have tried running the game without doing this. but for some reason either way they game crashes and wont let me play at all so i end up having to re install it all.

what am i doing wrong ?
Really appreciate all the help i can get on this =) Thank you

Back to top Go down

need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation. Empty Re: need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation.

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 21:01

I have the same problem! I have all the expansion packs installed.
Everything is working, thanks to the 'how to install the sims 3 correctly' guide.
Now i want to instal Uni Life, but i don't know what to do..

Do i need to re-install every expansion? Is there a way to only install Uni Life?

Appreciate if someone can help me! Thank you!

Sorry for my English, i'm Dutch.

Back to top Go down

need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation. Empty Re: need some guidance. sims3 expansions pack installation.

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:29

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:11

Heys.
yes that i do.
i have still not tried to install university life but i really really want to do it asap.

and i do not have the original files backup from before i used the ultimate fix and updates. and i cant get my hands on them either as everyone i know already have patch 1.50 and im still on 1.47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 20 Mar 2013, 14:37

I asked this same question on these forums maybe a month ago and never got a response.

However, I was reading someone else's thread on here one day, pretty much asking the same question and what I believe they did was they just went ahead and installed the expansion pack they wanted even after using the manual update patch and the ultimate fix - they just installed it, then manually patched it again and used the ultimate fix again.

I'm missing like one stuff pack and I've been hesitant to do what I just said, mainly because I don't want to mess up anything else. It seems logical to re-patch it and re-ultimate fix it though.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 20 Mar 2013, 20:42

What I'd recommend is doing the manual patch, then installing the expansion, doing the patch again, then applying JUST the #crack file from the fix. This is how it generally works best for people. If that doesn't work, we'll figure it out from there. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2013, 01:33

righto i got it working
here is what i did
1. removed my mods
2. installed the manual patch.
3. Installed uni
3. added ultimate fix
4. started the game.
and this time i did a back up of all the original files hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top