Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds/Store Items Not Showing Up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds/Store Items Not Showing Up? Empty Worlds/Store Items Not Showing Up?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 18:33

Hey everyone. I hope this is in the right place, if not, please move it to where it should be.

I'm having problems with the store items I've downloaded not showing up. I've installed it through the launcher, and it says every single time that it has installed (I have ALL of the store items in my launcher, so it takes around two hours to install everything at once). However, when I go to play the game, it will not let me play any of the neighborhoods that are from the store (except Riverview and Barnacle Bay, which I bought before). It only gives me an option to buy them. If I start a game, none of the store content is available (items, clothes, hairstyles, etc.). Can anyone give me a reason as to why this is happening? Could it be because I installed the CC all at once, instead of 15 items at a time?

I installed CC Magic, and it worked for the items, but not for the worlds. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to keep TS3 Launcher working, and install my items through that, because it is a lot easier for myself.

Help

Back to top Go down

Worlds/Store Items Not Showing Up? Empty Re: Worlds/Store Items Not Showing Up?

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 01:06

I got on the forums for this exact problem.

>All games installed fresh today and clean from games4theworld
>Ultimate fixed used (only the #crack folder) as the guide states
>everything worked beautifully
>Then installed all store content 01-45 .sims3pack and worlds
>install store fixes
>Everything is installed, run game, nothing is there, exit game
>Now nothing appears in the installed list except 8 lots or so
>Reinstall everything, duplicate of everything is now in game
>except a couple worlds still never showed up (all three gold worlds, and two more)
>do the cache fix from Lady i believe
>reinstall
>exact same problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 17:33

Yeah, exactly. I've done it two or three times, as well as having to re-install everything because of a glitch that made buy mode unusable, so I don't have my saved games anymore. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 17:59

Same happened to me. Only a few lots were installed although the launcher installed them "all". I'm installing them all again now hoping this will work if not, dunno what to do. I installed the store fixes in the mods folder which I created cause it wan't in the My documents/EA/Sims 3 folder. There is a box to check in the installed content tab in the launcher and I don't know do I have to tick it or leave it be? It says when checked that you are going to replace the original items with custom ones i think, cannot check for sure now cause I'm installing content right now. Hope someone found out what was the problem and fixed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 19:31

I haven't had these issues of worlds not showing up so I can only tell you my method of installing worlds/CC (I also use CCMagic) - maybe this method will work for you? If not I'm sure someone will be along who knows why it's not working.^ Smile

I install, apply ultimate fix and manually update the games via the method on the "Must Read Page".

Next is the Store Fix - For CC Magic I used the .package method for the store fixes and put the files where they needed to go as per the instructions. (FYI, CC Magic wont install Worlds, sims or lots.)

Now CC: For worlds (installed one at a time) by double clicking the world file prompting the launcher to open and install them.
For sims and lots, I plonked the whole lot into the downloads folder in the ea document section, ran the launcher and they all got installed. Once they were in, delete them all via the "download" section of the launcher (this is to make the downloads folder nice and empty.) If they're not showing up maybe doing them in small batches will help - especially with lots... I guess it all depends how much you have.

On my computer (a sims CC backed up folder) I already have my CC content sorted into different categories like build stuff - windows, doors, CAS - hair, makeup, etcetc... This makes it easier for me to get them all installed properly and sorted in CC Magic. I prefer doing it this way as trying to sort a whole load of CC in CC Magic is not easy at all.

So I plonk each category into the downloads folder one at a time, refresh CC Magic, it grabs the files and I can move them into my pre-created CC Magic sets. Press rebuild and then add another load of category files into downloads, press refresh and sort... rinse and repeat till all your CC is in.

Before playing make sure there isn't the little warning triangle in CC Magic, if there is you need to press rebuild. Then run the game from CC Magic pressing the Play button. (Probably obvious but you need to make sure CC Magic has the right path set for TS3W.exe in the options section.)

Anyhoo hope that helps and you get your worlds showing up Smile

cat

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 12 Mar 2013, 19:57

First, turn off the in game store. That will get rid of the gold "buy me" items.

Secondly, try installing them in small groups. It will take a while, but 10 or so is probably best.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 20:54

where do I turn of the in game store? cannot seem to find it in game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 09:30

invalidusername wrote:First, turn off the in game store. That will get rid of the gold "buy me" items.

Secondly, try installing them in small groups. It will take a while, but 10 or so is probably best.

I am having similar issues...would I have to completely reinstall or should I uninstall all content and reinstall it all in small amounts?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:31

Ostrmimo wrote:where do I turn of the in game store? cannot seem to find it in game?

Sorry for the wait, the site hasn't been showing me new replies lately. Sad

It's in your in game options, under the general tab, as shown below.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/17/99/09/41/kj4l10.png
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:58

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 17:48

I'm having this problem now, for the second time. I don't know how I fixed it firs time.

After continuing to search for a solution I found the topic about the Cache removal.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

It works now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top