Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors Empty Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 16:23

I haven't been able to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing so... here goes.

I've used this website to download EPs before and I re-read the instructions. I use Twallan's NoCD mod. Upon clicking on TS3W.exe to start the game, I get this pop-up:

Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors Popup1_zps29f4eae2

I press continue and maybe 8/10 times, the game loads. Sometimes it just says it's not responding and crashes. I figured it was due to the pirated EPs (Showtime & Seasons). I applied the manual patch and the ultimate fix but that persists in happening. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed The Sims 3 University Life. Today, I updated all of Twallan's Mods (which are the only ones I use), merged them into a single package file, and loaded the game. Again, I got the above picture but the game loaded just fine all the way up to the University loading screen.

The bar fills up just about half an inch, the music stops, and then I get the "The Sims 3 has stopped responding..." message and it crashes to desktop. My Crash Log Analyzer says it's due to custom content. I've gone through all of my download .sims3pack and my mods folder (nothing has changed, all I have for the most part are hairs and sliders) and everything is up-to-date.

I really don't get why this is happening. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it! Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors Empty Re: Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 17:58

Merging mods are not recommended but if you really want to do it, I've heard that CCMagic is a good merger. There's a good discussion about this on Twallan's site, here's the link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message/view/Chatterbox/60877274

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors Empty Re: Sims 3 Unofficial Game Modification, Not Responding, and Custom Content Errors

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 18:25

I have CCMagic. I've also used s3pe, primarily for stuff like hair though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:52

I have this exact same issue and have done everything I know possible to try and fix it, I even created a thread about this but i'm still waiting on Admins response. If I somehow fix it I will be sure to tell you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:33

Oh man, good to know I'm not the only one! (well, not "good" but you know what I mean :p) Anyway, thank you so much! Same here, if I get a response I'll let you know TashSim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:11

Alright thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 16 Mar 2013, 15:38

Did you remove the nocd mod before applying the fix? Those two things conflict with each other, and are pointless to have together anyways. Also, try just right out moving your mods folder to your desktop, and get it out of the main folder. Test your game without it, and see if that solves this issue. If it does, it's a mod causing this.

Also, if you're asking help from Twallan. DO NOT mention in any way that you have a pirated copy. He finds that personally offensive and won't help you after that. He's a great help otherwise.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:33

What's the nocd mod? And I moved the mods folder from the Sims 3 folder and tried my game and it worked fine, but I know I've updated all my mods that I know of! I don't want to delete any mods and I don't want to have to uninstall and re-install everything, and I DEFINITELY don't want to remove my mods folder...I need help :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 23:01

Hello,

In that case, your problem is definitely caused by one of your Mods.
Put them back in groups of like 10 and then test your game to see which one(s) is/are causing the problem.
Filter out the corrupt ones this way.

Either remove or update the corrupt ones.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 05:16

What do you mean by putting them in groups of 10? Sorry I really suck at this type of stuff, and I hardly even remember what mods I have considering I have so much cc it's hard to look for the mods. Sorry i'm stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 07:18

TashSim wrote:What do you mean by putting them in groups of 10? Sorry I really suck at this type of stuff, and I hardly even remember what mods I have considering I have so much cc it's hard to look for the mods. Sorry i'm stupid

Yo.

I think what Admin means is to have your mod folder how it was back when it was empty and slowly replace the mods you've installed in groups of about ten or so. If the first ten work, the second ten don't, then you've narrowed your corrupt mods down to a max of those ten. Then you can test those individually or in groups of three or five. In this manner, you should be able to find what file or group of files don't work with your current setup. This may mean you have to reinstall or abandon the corrupt mod or mods. I hope that you're able to fix your problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 07:34

Oh ok thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 08:04

I made a new mods folder and put my NRaas mods in it, sims works fine, but i'm sure they aren't my only mods...Does anybody know how I can locate all of my mods quickly without having to go through my whole packages folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Mar 2013, 08:23

TashSim wrote:What's the nocd mod? And I moved the mods folder from the Sims 3 folder and tried my game and it worked fine, but I know I've updated all my mods that I know of! I don't want to delete any mods and I don't want to have to uninstall and re-install everything, and I DEFINITELY don't want to remove my mods folder...I need help WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I was asking the OP about their mods, actually. Razz I think we may want you to make a new thread, as this one has been overtaken, and I think OP may still need help. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 08:28

oh ok sorry!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 17 Mar 2013, 15:17

TashSim wrote:oh ok sorry!!!

Oh it's ok, it happens. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top