Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:02

Hello all,

I downloaded the sims 3 generations the day after release and had no problems at all. I dont know what i installed or did but it started getting an error message about a modification to the game that wasnt the same version, so I spent all day today uninstalling re-installing etc all the sims 3 games, only to end up with the same error. I have installed the patch on this forum the one that says "should fix all your problems" but it doesnt help. I can still run the game but it says there maybe bugs etc. Any idea what could be happening? I also get a "could not connect to ea download manager error to which no one at ea can seem to help resolve..."

The exact error I need help with is...

It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the game.

My game version is 8.0.152 which I thought the patch would work for, I just need no-cd really. Any help would be great!!!

Admin edit: Topic split; please open your own topic for your own problems, thank you.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:04

This happens regardless. It happens for me too. There currently is no fix for this and we just have to hope that it will be fixed with the next game release.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:14

OK, so you just ignore it and play it anyway? Thats what i did when it started happening and then i messed everything up but finally got things back to the way it was (almost). Thanks for the reply. Maybe someone will have a fix, soon...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:21

I don't think there is a need to fix it, as it should only happen when you start your game for the very first time. Even if it happens every time, it doesn't cause any known problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:24

well its just annoying. On mine its a black screen and I have to hit the "winodws" key and come back to desktop and click on the game thats running. Its not a HUGE deal I dont guess, I just didnt want any buge or problems thats all, since the message says something about bugs etc. I guess its something to do with a version of some file somewhere.... oh well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:25

It happens every time you start your game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:28

Yes, this does happen every time you start the game IDunc, its the same for me. Mine use to stay a black screen and I'd have to alt tab out, but now it just automatically minimizes and brings up the error for me. Don't know how, but its very easy for me now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:30

Hm. Well it only happened on my first start up. But every time I startup, the screen goes black, then it goes to my desktop, and I have to click the Sims 3 on the taskbar to actually launch it. That's normal though, I just wonder why I don't get the error and you guys do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:34

Who knows.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 unofficial game modification error

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 04:26

It does happen to me everytime to, so you used alt tab and then it minimized itself? Odd... I jsut hit the window key to open the start menu haha. Oh well. The game just ran for over an hr with no problems, well there was some bugs, like my sim was acting like he was watching tv but there wasnt even a tv where he was lol. Oh well... no crashes so I guess its fine for now... Just wish I new what wasnt the same version as what..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:27

Hello,

The in-game bugs are from EA's side and have nothing to do with the torrent / download or anything else. Just a lazy EA who doesn't want to update the game.

Please note that getting the "Unofficial game modification" error is normal and we all get it. It has nothing to do with what it actually says. (About mods etc)
There's no fix for it and I don't think a fix is needed. It's just clicking "Continue" and starting the game. Anyhow, maybe this problem will be fixed with future updates of the game.

For now, problem solved, topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top