Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error Empty The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error

Post by Guest Thu 07 Oct 2010, 11:21

Hi, everyone!

I just finished downloading all Games4theworld versions of:

The Sims 3
WA
HELS
Ambitions
Ambitions Fix

I previously attempted to do the installation, but I had numerous problems, since my Ambitions download isn't finish yet. I uninstalled everything, restarted my PC, and I re-installed it in this order:

The Sims 3 - crack applied after the installation
WA - crack applied after the installation
HELS - crack applied after the installation
Ambitions - crack applied after the installation
Ambitions Fix

I did not do any updates, unless instructed. And everything seems to be OK, after all the installations.

However, when I finally launched the Sims 3 Launcher, it seemed at first that the game will push through, but then I got this error:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MOD EDIT: Topic moved, to the right place.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error Empty Re: The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error

Post by Guest Thu 07 Oct 2010, 11:31

Update:

I just tried proceeding with the game, and everything seems to be running, even with that initial error.

Will the error cause problems for me? I'm currently waiting for the FLS download to finish, will that fix it?

Thanks again! You guys are great! Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error Empty Re: The Sims 3 - "An unofficial game modification" Error

Post by Narong30 Thu 07 Oct 2010, 13:38

GV wrote:Hi, everyone!

I just finished downloading all Games4theworld versions of:

The Sims 3
WA
HELS
Ambitions
Ambitions Fix

I previously attempted to do the installation, but I had numerous problems, since my Ambitions download isn't finish yet. I uninstalled everything, restarted my PC, and I re-installed it in this order:

The Sims 3 - crack applied after the installation
WA - crack applied after the installation
HELS - crack applied after the installation
Ambitions - crack applied after the installation
Ambitions Fix

I did not do any updates, unless instructed. And everything seems to be OK, after all the installations.

However, when I finally launched the Sims 3 Launcher, it seemed at first that the game will push through, but then I got this error:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MOD EDIT: Topic moved, to the right place.
-NARONG30

Actually this is normal. Nothing to worried. Just click continue and enjoy playing Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Oct 2010, 13:47

Great! I have been playing for an hour, and did not encounter any problems yet. Guess I'm good to go.
Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 07 Oct 2010, 15:59

GV wrote:Update:

I just tried proceeding with the game, and everything seems to be running, even with that initial error.

Will the error cause problems for me? I'm currently waiting for the FLS download to finish, will that fix it?

Thanks again! You guys are great! Smile

Hello,

That error can be fixed by applying our Ambitions FIX from: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/fixes-f18/the-sims-3-ambitions-error-0x039e8474-fix-t451.htm

Fast Lane Stuff should álso fix that error.
Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top