Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details" Empty "There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details"

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 20:03

Hello!

I'd just installed the "70s 80s & 90s" stuff pack when the launcher gave me this message as I tried to play the game:

"There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details"

The regedit-video suggested for this error has saved me once before,
but the example only has one expansion and I've got every damn expansion installed, so what can I delete?! O_o
I mean, aren't all of them supposed to be there, in regedit, if I've got them all installed...?

Thanks for your help! =)

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details" Empty Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details"

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:04

Hello,

Did you rename, remove or move any of the installed game folders?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details" Empty Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see Log for more details"

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:50

No, I didn't move anything more than the crack.

I also tried (by some tip here at the forum) to rename the "The Sims 3"-folder
and then try to start the game via the lancher.
The folder respawned (as expected), but it still didn't work. =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Apr 2013, 21:31

Hello,

Where did you get all your games from exactly?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 00:35

Yey! Answer! =D

I've got each and every expansion and stuffpack (and basegame, obviously) from right here.
=)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:01

Have you checked the regedit entries of them and made sure that the location is showing correct? The ExePath and Install Dir should be showing the location they are installed at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 14:52

Ragin wrote:Have you checked the regedit entries of them and made sure that the location is showing correct? The ExePath and Install Dir should be showing the location they are installed at.

No, how do I do that?
I've found my way to the regedit-place before, but only to delete old keys to expansionpacks I hadn't installed for the moment.

EDIT
Got in there and as far as I understand it's the right place; "ExePath" shows the right dir.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 20 Apr 2013, 20:38

Is the decades stuff pack the most recent thing you've added (pack-wise)? If so I may have something you could grab to help.

Also, did you change anything other than just installing that stuff pack just before this started?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:59

Hello,

Since this is taking quite some time, try joining the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 20:58

invalidusername wrote:Is the decades stuff pack the most recent thing you've added (pack-wise)? If so I may have something you could grab to help.

Also, did you change anything other than just installing that stuff pack just before this started?

Yep, it's the latest I've tried to install. =)
And no, I don't think I changed anything at all before trying to install it. Hm. Or maybe; I went to modthesims and got a download (except to the two that was in the download tutorial), but when installing I checked out the "enable contet" box in the launcher.

//EDIT

Admin wrote:Hello,

Since this is taking quite some time, try joining the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.

I'll see if I can grab you there! About what hours are we talking about? Mid day, mid night? European time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 22:17

I'm having this same problem! And it happened just after I used the Uninstaller Pro to remove Supernatural b/c it was giving me problems. Grr now I'm having more problems fml.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 20:00

Hm. An other fun fact; I have installed the decades-pack, it's right there on my (D:)drive, but I can't enter via control panel to uninstall. It's not in the list. O_o

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 22 Apr 2013, 20:06

Is there an uninstall.exe in its files? If so, try that.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 20:44

Nope, no uninstall.exe in the game dir. =/

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 03 May 2013, 16:29

Sorry that it's been so long, but I think we were stuck. Maybe one of our newer helpers has some ideas to help though Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top