Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." Empty "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 09:38

Hello. I tried to install Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff, did everything that you said, but still have a problem. When I click at launcher it says : There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. Then I only can click Ok and then launcher exit itself.

In the middle of installing the expansions my memory on C: goes full so I removed all Electronic Arts from Program files to D: (D:\Program Files\ Electronic Arts...) .

I don't know why, but base game is still on C: so i cracked there everything that have in base game folder, and other cracks (for stuffs and expansions) are on D:

Maybe that's the problem?

Help me somehow.
Using Windows7

*and sorry for bad english

THANK YOU

//EDIT

I also try to do what you guys say in the video on youtube, but it doesn't work because I have installed ALL expansions.

Back to top Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." Empty Re: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:57

Aleksandrica wrote:
Hello. I tried to install Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff, did everything that you said, but still have a problem. When I click at launcher it says : There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. Then I only can click Ok and then launcher exit itself.

In the middle of installing the expansions my memory on C: goes full so I removed all Electronic Arts from Program files to D: (D:\Program Files\ Electronic Arts...) .

I don't know why, but base game is still on C: so i cracked there everything that have in base game folder, and other cracks (for stuffs and expansions) are on D:

Maybe that's the problem?

Help me somehow.
Using Windows7

*and sorry for bad english

THANK YOU

//EDIT

I also try to do what you guys say in the video on youtube, but it doesn't work because I have installed ALL expansions.

Hello,

Try going the steps from #2 to #4 in that guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow these steps exactly as they are described. Then re-start the game.

And could you please use the "edit"-button on your post, if you want to modify your original messge ? Thanks. Wink  (I just merged your double-post; into one single post).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." Empty Re: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 13:14

I did it. Nothing changes. 
This time I cracked base game on C: and on D: but still nothing...
I will reinstall everything and try again...  Sad 
But this time I will clean my memory on D: first, and everything will be there, at one place. (will that be a problem, because it will not be on C: as always?)
Thank you for your time.  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 13:29

Aleksandrica wrote:I did it. Nothing changes. 
This time I cracked base game on C: and on D: but still nothing...
I will reinstall everything and try again...  Sad 
But this time I will clean my memory on D: first, and everything will be there, at one place. (will that be a problem, because it will not be on C: as always?)
Thank you for your time.  I love you

My suggestion would be that you try to make as much space as possible on C:, and install everything there. If you really don't have enough space for all games, then install on the D: drive.

However, you still need enough space on C: anyway, because your savefiles, mods and custom content will be saved there automatically (you can't change that). Also, you need a bit of extra space on C: for the computer to work properly. So you see, having enough space on C: is very important.

And you should ONLY have ONE base game (you said you have it installed "on both C: and D:" ?!). 

After you un-install, re-boot the computer. And then re-install, following the instructions ("must-read guide") that I posted before. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top