Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crashing while Traveling (both World Adventures and University Life)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing while Traveling (both World Adventures and University Life) Empty Crashing while Traveling (both World Adventures and University Life)

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 07:59

So here, I really dedicated my two weeks of finding out what is the solution to my in game issue.
Yes, I do get the Sims 3 has stopped working dialogue box during the crash.
It happened when I installed University Life and the Limited Edition in my game.
I have removed all the custom content and mods before and still it didn't work.
I tried the DEP, it didn't work.
I tried putting more memory through the Command Prompt, didn't work.
I've actually tried everything, before I only thought it was because of University Life that it crashes during the "Traveling to.." screen but when I tried traveling to other worlds, it also crashed.

Before, when I only had World Adventures, I got it working, even without the Traveler or the other NRaas mods. It's just weird that now, it's not working.
I've tried deleting the travelerdb.package on my saved game, it worked once when I tried going to Shang Simla, but it hanged and crashed after 1 minute.

This is my laptops' system info:

Machine name: ACER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: TravelMate P243
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.02V1.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4066MB RAM
Page File: 2507MB used, 5623MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

From what I know, my laptop meets the requirements but still it doesn't work, if anyone of you is interested I can give you the complete dxdiag.txt to help me solve this problem. I actually didn't try to ask before because I saw in the banner that you guys were busy, but hopefully someone will help me in this. Please? I can play the game but I just choose not to travel because it crashes.

Back to top Go down

Crashing while Traveling (both World Adventures and University Life) Empty Re: Crashing while Traveling (both World Adventures and University Life)

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 02:08

Hmm, still nothing guys? Well sorry for replying to myself in the thread instantly. I just really really want to know if there's something wrong in my game, I'm thinking of uninstalling Sims 3 for AC3. haha. XD

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top