Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Anyone Answer This Question?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can Anyone Answer This Question? Empty Can Anyone Answer This Question?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 18:47

How can everything be working fine for weeks - even a month at a time - without adding / editing anything, and all of a sudden you encounter an issue? Why is it i keep getting a "Sims Has Encountered A Problem and Stopped Working" error when i am in CAS? I have tried for 2 days to CAS and it makes it through the hair, face, etc, but when i am in the clothing section, it gives me the error and i have to click "Close Program". I was able to CAS right up to a couple days ago (i usually CAS twice a week on average and i never had this issue). Everything else is working fine in the game. I have done a bunch of stuff except taking out the CC / Store Content - but why should i need to do that when everything was fine and i haven't added or done any changes...now it just decides to screw up? I am very frustrated! Can anyone help me?

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Answer This Question? Empty Re: Can Anyone Answer This Question?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 20:07

Clear thy cashes, Report back for results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 02:57

Already did that. I actually got it to stop crashing in CAS...but now there are issues with inventory items disappearing. I only have 3 stoves. Flowers / plants, furniture items are way down in number. Why could this be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:24

Euhh.. Is your sim a gardener? he might be using... ...furniture... to- never-mind. I have NO idea what that might be causing. Are you gifting people stuff? When you cancel a placement of flowers, do you press the delete people instead of putting it back into your inventory?

EDIT: Is your sim a kleptomaniac? I found this:
I don't think that stolen goods are meant to disappear, but if you keep it in their inventories and have a high free will, the kleptos may turn the stolen stuff back in by sending it back through the mailbox. Is that possible to have occurred?

Edit II: Can you specify what kind of items dissapear? Food may expire and neat sims will throw them away. Grand invented stuff may just go to your family inventory. Some lifetime rewars plop up in the family inventory, just like that one hovering bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 26 Mar 2013, 15:00

Try backing up and removing "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3". Then go back into your game and see if anything is back.

Are the items that are disappearing expansion pack content, installed content, or base game items?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 17:28

I already deleted The Sims 3 folder out of my documents/Electronic Arts folder and put it back. Stuff is still not showing up. The items that are missing are mainly furniture, plants and that...not food items.

The content that is disappearing is not Base Game stuff...it's mainly everything else. It's actually my wife's game that is doing this. She had a stroke and playing this is a huge release for her. I have done so much to try to resolve this but to no avail Sad So she is very frustrated as am i. Thanks for the replies so far. If anyone else can help, i would greatly appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:32

bmandrummer wrote:I already deleted The Sims 3 folder out of my documents/Electronic Arts folder and put it back. Stuff is still not showing up.
You don't say.

Delete the Sims 3 folder and let the game regenerate it, Don't put the thing back, That's like putting a tumor back into a person's body. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top