Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED] Empty No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 16:30

Hello,
I'll try as best as I can to describe the problem:D. So a week or so ago I downloaded University Life EP and when I started playing the game whenever I tried to click on any sim, the bubbles where you can choose an interaction or something (I dunno what they are called) won't pop out, and with everything else (furniture, buildings, etc) it works perfectly fine and the bubbles show up. Please help! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED] Empty Re: No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 20:44

Had this problem too. Normal retail gamers have this too. It's a common bug that has a chance of affecting your saves. Unless you have a backup of that save, im sorry, there's nothing that you can do. Hy sims froze when i was installing uni life too, and they were just about to marry! Sad I'm sorry, there's no way to resolve this problem. Just move on...

See post below

Last edited by Sloth Demon on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 07:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED] Empty Re: No reaction when clicking on sims, please help![SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Thu 28 Mar 2013, 03:39

Please don't say anyhting about it cannot be solved bababa... It can be solved by following the instructions on EA Answers HQ!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 07:55

Whoa, EA has support? Facepalm Well, guess I'm not that good at support. I guess just follow that site..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 09:28

Hey folks.. That link above goes to a EA answers HQ page that states.
"The files PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package contain your SimPort and Achievements progress. Make sure to put back."
I looked for Passport and Challenge and they dont exist.. Some people who value that data from the WA would panic if they didn't know better.
However the rest of the advice it gave set me on the right track.

I came across this thread because I had the exact same issue.. It started right after I installed University.
So far I narrowed down the problem to a package file in my mods/Packages folder.. As I typo this I am still in the process of finding the file that is fouling up the works.
When I think I figured it out I will post my theory here and let U guys decide if it is the same for U

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 09:59

Hathon wrote:Hey folks.. That link above goes to a EA answers HQ page that states.
"The files PassportData.package and ChallengeData.package contain your SimPort and Achievements progress. Make sure to put back."
I looked for Passport and Challenge and they dont exist.. Some people who value that data from the WA would panic if they didn't know better.
However the rest of the advice it gave set me on the right track.

I came across this thread because I had the exact same issue.. It started right after I installed University.
So far I narrowed down the problem to a package file in my mods/Packages folder.. As I typo this I am still in the process of finding the file that is fouling up the works.
When I think I figured it out I will post my theory here and let U guys decide if it is the same for U

PassportData.package & [i]ChallengeData.package I assume you only get if you have Showtime installed. Showtime gives you Simport and Achievements(Challenges) So if you don't have Showtime you needn't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:02

Showtime is installed

//EDIT

As for the issue about Sims menus not popping up when the Sims are clicked.. I THINK I MIGHT have narrowed it down to some files...
Treeag - HiddenTraits.package
Treeag - PutAwayAllBooks.package
Treeag - RGMSellingMod.package
Treeag - StoreinFridge.package

I just dont have the time to start and restart the game and start a few saved games with each of the files.. My eyes weigh heavy and my mind is foggy.
If someone has this same issue and has the files listed in there mod/packages folder... Give it a go and see what ya know..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:24

Hathon wrote:As for the issue about Sims menus not popping up when the Sims are clicked.. I THINK I MIGHT have narrowed it down to some files...
Treeag - HiddenTraits.package
Treeag - PutAwayAllBooks.package
Treeag - RGMSellingMod.package
Treeag - StoreinFridge.package

I just dont have the time to start and restart the game and start a few saved games with each of the files.. My eyes weigh heavy and my mind is foggy.
If someone has this same issue and has the files listed in there mod/packages folder... Give it a go and see what ya know..

I had none of those mods when this occured. Not true ^

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:40

Hello,

Those mods could still cause issue though, the same problem can be caused by more than one variable.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 15:06

Hey guys,
Because I don't know anything about computer-related stuff, I just re downloaded and re installed University Life and everything works fine again! At first I just tried to re install it but when I opened the UL .rar file a window popped out saying some files are missing or something like that, so I had to re download it again. Of course it took some time but now everything's back to normal. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 23:46

OK I was wrong about the files.

I was doing the Sim3 and suddenly in the middle of the game
out of nowhere for now reason the problem returned. So I switched from the
China vacation to a Myst game, same thing. I restarted the game then I started the
University Life where I just signed up two frat boys to cause chaos and the
trouble didn’t go away. Nuts to this. I made them drop out go home then I
uninstalled UL. I did not have to copy a file anywhere for anything when i uninstalled
it, the game started right up (with no cd....) and showed the season start up
window..

My Sims have No More issues except the Sims in the aforementioned
China Vacation were not controllable in anyway. I do daily backups so its all
good. I reinstalled the suspected trouble files and a few more for good measure.

University life caused a few bumps to make me waste my time.
Mucho Sucko. I know it conflicted with a file somewhere but since it took only
2 minutes to uninstall it, I can click my Sims and get my option menus again
and there are still many areas of the game I have yet to try so I don’t need to
add more for now. (but custom content doesn’t count)

“Blue toomey Kue!”

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 31 Mar 2013, 13:25

Hello,

Plenty of bugs to go around it seems. Hopefully it'll be patched. At least the TO was able to solve her problem.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top