Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

having a strange number of errors (solved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

having a strange number of errors (solved) Empty having a strange number of errors (solved)

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 08:47

before i start i followed the installation instructions to the letter i use no mods or custom content and i used the the ultimate fix crack

first error comes last night ihad the sims 3 installed up to high end loft stuff running great!
then i attempted to install ambitions now this is where it started going wrong the launcher would close unexpectedly and i was asked for a disc so i shrugged it off and installed fast lane after i did that the base game was greyed out on my launcher and after being fully updated vanished

so i restored my pc to before the installs and ran the game the launcher yould stop responding or not open at all so i tried to get rid of the games which led to me deleting them from the registry (very annoying)
and 2 hours ago tried to install manually so im upto world adventures and the base game has vanished again! im still using no mod or custom content and im using the ultimate fix

please i have been upt almost 24 hours using every trick i know but its hopeless this is my last resort

please guys help!! Help

//EDIT//

I forgot to mention that I was prompted to install origin then after that the launcher stopped doing updates and when I would click on update nothing would happen (there was an update available) I tri end the super patcher recommended by the ad mins but that come up with a VERY weird error

Last edited by aetherr on Tue 02 Apr 2013, 06:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

having a strange number of errors (solved) Empty Re: having a strange number of errors (solved)

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 18:07

Sorry to be bumping this up but its very important I get these games running

Back to top Go down

having a strange number of errors (solved) Empty Re: having a strange number of errors (solved)

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 18:57

So if I'm reading this correctly you've installed half the games and only applied the Ultimate Fix to those games, correct? Because that's really how it sounds to me and that means you're not using the Fix correctly. First of all you're going to want to install the Uninstaller (Google "Revo Uninstaller" and it'll pull up the download you need, you'll only need the free version.) Uninstall The Sim's 3 *with* Revo, if you don't it'll claim you have it installed, it won't remove the faulty older files with a normal uninstall.

After you have all the old Sim's files deleted reinstall the Base game open your launcher and have it do the update for version 1.50. *Do not launch the game* After it's done that update install *ALL* other SP's and EP's you wish to add to your game. If it asks you to do any other updates while the install of the other games is going on do those updates, they'll need to be done in order for the game to work properly. After you've done that app the Ultimate Fix for all the SP's and EP's you have chosen to install. Open the launcher *after* you've applied the fixes for the games you've installed go and refresh to ensure you do not need to do more updating to the launcher. After you've done that *CLOSE* the launcher complete, double check to insure the ensure the launcher isn't running in your tray in background mode. After you've made sure the launcher isn't running anywhere open the folder titled "#crack" apply that folder to the *Base game* file. Open your launcher and your games should be installed and playable. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:00

Okay, hopefully that's actually understandable since there is like a billion grammatical errors in that entire statement. Geesh. Sorry about that. =\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:39

it was understandable but im actually encountering a NSIS error when i try to install revo which is due to the fact that my computer is deeply messed up and my good one is at the shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:30

That's weird, an NSIS error means that the original file was modified or the download for Revo was incomplete. Are you downloading it from the official Revo site? If you are there are a couple ways you can try to fix the error.
1. Clear your browser's cache
2. Disable any download accelerators or managers
3. Rename the installer so it is a simple one-word name with no special characters. (without removing .exe suffix)
*Example: install.exe
4. Update your anti-virus (if installed) and try downloading installer again.
5. Disable the anti-virus software and try installing the installer again.
6. Scan for, and remove malware and viruses on your system.
7. Scan hard drive using scandisk, chkdsk, or any other hard drive repair tool.
8. Have windows do driver updates and try installing again.

As a LAST RESORT:
As a last resort, the installer can be executed even though it's corrupted. To bypass the corruption test, pass /NCRC on the command line. To do so, go to Start->Run, type cmd and hit Enter. A black console window should open. Drag the installer into the window, hit Space and type /NCRC. Hit Enter again and the installer should start. This is not recommended!
But only do that if you're comfortable with it and feel you're able to do so.
Also (Since you say your computer is deeply screwed up) I would suggest downloading Ccleaner, it'll fix registry errors, clean up old entries and whatnot. That could also be the problem with downloading Revo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:33

i wish it were that easy all my antivirus is off i downloaded revo from the website AND cnet and tried ccleaner from the official website i also tried the.cm exe but all have the same error

edit//

the dialogue box says

NSIS Error

Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid.

iv tried run as administrator compatibility and emptying my temp folder no change :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:37

Do you have a firewall installed and on? Sometimes those can corrupt the downloads and stop them altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:37

Grr... all together***

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:49

windows firewall is off and i dont have a 3rd party firewall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:54

Hmm well, your computer really is just messed up isn't it? Lol. Well you can try the last resort and bypass the corruption test and see if that will allow you to run the installer, or try going into the registry manually and removing The Sim's 3 files or just wait until your other computer is out of the shop.
If you're not good with computer I'd personally recommend the latter of that list, simply because if you get nervous in your registry and remove the wrong files that messed up computer will become a boat anchor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 20:57

thanks for all this help and yes i have used the registry to remove the sims before im quite good with computers and the last resort just displays another nsis error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 21:06

Well honestly if you've went through your registry and removed all the Sim's files, delete the Revo installer and install your games again. Just do it how I explained and it should work. Unless you start getting NSIS errors with the games as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 06:05

it turns out my lack of patience led me to not follow the ultimate fix properly despite all the errors a fresh install of ALL the expansions and the "#crack" in the ultimate fix was all i need to get it all running without a hitch thank you everyone for the help i will remain on this forum and give back the help given to me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top