Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I install CC Skins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install CC Skins? Empty How do I install CC Skins?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 21:49

I downloaded some custom skins. I have other things I've downloaded before so I already have a mods and packages folder in my Electronic arts/Sims 3 Folder... So I downloaded some CC Skins unzipped them and put the .package files in with all my other mods but when I start and run the game all my current sims look like they have splotches all over their skin. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I download a couple different ones. Default replacements and regular ones I don't know. I've never did CC skin before. Only in TS2, So this is all new to me. I thought I was doing it right but apparently not. Is there a tutorial on how to install default replacement skin or cc skins in general?

Thanks for reading,
Summer

Back to top Go down

How do I install CC Skins? Empty Re: How do I install CC Skins?

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 15:19

Try to delete your cache.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 04 May 2013, 02:46

Can you post a screenshot of where you placed the skins? And which skins they are?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 May 2013, 17:54

Summerbear5 wrote:I downloaded some custom skins. I have other things I've downloaded before so I already have a mods and packages folder in my Electronic arts/Sims 3 Folder... So I downloaded some CC Skins unzipped them and put the .package files in with all my other mods but when I start and run the game all my current sims look like they have splotches all over their skin. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I download a couple different ones. Default replacements and regular ones I don't know. I've never did CC skin before. Only in TS2, So this is all new to me. I thought I was doing it right but apparently not. Is there a tutorial on how to install default replacement skin or cc skins in general?

Thanks for reading,
Summer

Hello there,

Well, I have downloaded some "default" skins (.package files) from the "Ladyfrontbum" site. In case you put the .package files in the wrong place, they belong to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages (in Windows). In my case, it is enough to copy them to the right place, and then to delete the "simCompositorCache.package" in the Sims 3 folder before(!) starting the game.

However, this applies to so-called default skins. If you want to use "non-default" skins I can't help too much with that; the installation of those tends to be tricky. But there are normally instructions available on the sites which provide skins for download, so you may re-check the site you used.
And: you should not have different "sets" of skins installed in the Mods folder. So, in my case this would mean to have one bodyskin-file and one faceskin file in the Mods folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top