Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] Empty If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2012, 17:49

Hi all! This is my first post on Games4theworld Forum. Very Happy

I have downloaded The Sims 3, and all expansions and Stuff packs up to Generations.

Since I want my game patched to the latest version, I had to use your Ultimate Fix (thank you so much for that!!). But I don't really have a gaming laptop, so I thought I'd install Generations and apply the fix, and then if my laptop handles it well, I'll install everything else.

But what will happen if I apply the fix, and then install additional expansions? Should I just (re-)follow the instructions or the whole thing isn't going to work?

Also, can I install Generations, apply the fix and then install a newer EP, say Pets? Will it work then?

Thank you. Very Happy

If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] 1577371209

Back to top Go down

If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] Empty Re: If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 19:45

Adding new EPs and SPs works the same way as Generation. Just follow the same steps again for each install if your are doing one at a time and testing. If you are installing several EPs and/or SPs, then don't apply the Fix until everything you want installed is finished.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] Empty Re: If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 14:29

Um... I don't really understand what you try to say, sorry.

If you are installing several EPs and/or SPs, then don't apply the Fix until everything you want installed is finished.

I am installing Generations for sure. I will then, when the installation's finished, apply the Fix. If my machine handles the game well, I will install World Adventures, Ambitions and so on. Are you saying this method will not work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 16:42

NO, that method will work. You can install EPs (Expansion Packs) and/or SPs (Stuff Packs) one at a time and apply the Fix or you can install several at a time, waiting until they are all installed, and then apply the fix.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 Aug 2012, 12:47

Hello,

Please let us know the final result. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 09:52

Reporting back; and yes, it works like a charm! If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] 294340757

I changed my mind and installed Master Suite Stuff first (the smallest SP, heh). Applied the fix by the instructions and updated to the latest game version with no problem (except I had to use your Manual Patch. The Launcher was a bitch).

After getting bored, I installed World Adventures, and even though (I believe) it's not required, just in case, I placed the files from the Ultimate Fix WA folder to the WA Programs folder.

Ran the game and finally found some time to shut it down and report back.

Thank you so much for the Ultimate Fix. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:40

Hello,

Glad to hear your game is working fine now! Thank you Dracos66.
Indeed, that was not necessary. You only need(ed) the crack.

Anyhow, enjoy playing the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! If I install only Generations and then apply the Ultimate Fix, what will happen when I install another expansion? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top