Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trouble with reinstalling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

trouble with reinstalling Empty trouble with reinstalling

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 21:07

Hello,
a couple of days ago I installed the base game and a few expansions. Yesterday I upgraded the game to a 1.50 version when it asked me, which I guess I shouldn't have done. The game won't load at all so I came to this place and did a little research about this problem. After that I deleted the base game, event downloaded the torrent again of the base game and torrent of university life as a quite new expansion(because I read here somewhere that this is what I should do). The problem is: I can't start the installation because when I try to mount the discs I can't. It says that those discs have already been mounted so I can't do it again. With those new ones I can't begin the installation, it just won't open. I tried finding those old discs on every place in my computer but no luck... I even reinstalled deamon tools which I used for mounting, but it just happens over and over again... Any ideas what to do?? Please help me! P.S. I deleted only the base game, not expansions.

Back to top Go down

trouble with reinstalling Empty Re: trouble with reinstalling

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:46

You probably already have the images needed for install somewhere on your computer. So Daemon Tools already knows them.
What I suggest is either find it in the list of images you have and go from there, or find the old .iso and delete it, then start again.

Back to top Go down

trouble with reinstalling Empty Re: trouble with reinstalling

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 Apr 2013, 17:56

Hello,

If they're mounted, you should be able to see it from "My Computer". The virtual drive shows up just like any other drive. Try to dismount the drive(s).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)