Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reinstalling Everything!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reinstalling Everything! Empty Reinstalling Everything!

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 00:25

Hi. I may have a really dumb question to ask. I am re installing The Sims 3 and every expansion and stuff pack that you guys have made available. Smile I just want to say thank you for that. Some one else had originally installed everything for me and my WA EP wasn't working among other problems. Long story short I uninstalled everything and am re installing. I am following the directions in the ultimate fix and the directions given in the forum on how to install sims 3 correctly to a T! Now for my potentially dumb question. I am installing WA and want to know if I should follow these directions. (I will NOT be applying any cracks!)

"2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor."

Should I do this step before I try to install WA? Or should I ignore it like the forum instructions say to do for LN?

I would appreciate any help. Smile If I am missing something or this is a really stupid question, please for give me! I am brand new to this. Thank you in advance!! :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Reinstalling Everything! Empty Re: Reinstalling Everything!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:25

Hello,
You only have to follow that step if you get a region error.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)