Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software. Empty Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 14:15

//EDIT2: I got rid of the threats, using malwarebytes. Google, Youtube, Bing ect. are now accesable again.

//EDIT So... I found that I have a virus/malware and the survey thingy is a scam. I am currently taking action to get rid of the threats.C:

Ahem... so when I finished playing a game I try to go to youtube and get this: https://i.imgur.com/5B7ndpt.png .... I have no idea what to do plus I'm scared as hell. So I click on the ''Unlock'' button and it shows me that I need to complete a survey: https://i.imgur.com/RCYWuca.png at start I though it was fake... but when I try to use Google I get this: https://i.imgur.com/UtAnq3U.png so I use a different browser... (also I didn't knew where to post this topic)... help! :C When I type on the top Google.com I get redirected to this: https://i.imgur.com/QjdAdUN.png and get the first picture again.

Last edited by Deealau on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:19; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software. Empty Re: Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 22:08

Hey, I'm having the same problem. What antivirus do you use? Neither of mine can seem to kill it. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software. Empty Re: Your website access has been restricted for downloading pirated software.

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 22:13

Johnny123 wrote:Hey, I'm having the same problem. What antivirus do you use? Neither of mine can seem to kill it. Thanks.
I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus, though to get rid of the threat I used Malwarebytes and it has seemed to help, I can access youtube,google,bing ect. again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 23:12

Anti-virus software is the biggest scam ever invented. There are only two ways you're gonna get rid of a virus:

-If you know programing and can counteract the virus manually.
-Re-formatting your hard-drive.

Ether way, you should get to it ASAP.

Pro tip: Any torrent / illegal software download in general that is ether:

-Archived and requires password
-Requires survey completion
-Wasn't released yet in most regions
-Isn't on G4TW <3 Kidding.

Is ether an advertisement for a p0rn site, a virus, or just plain and simple DRM scam.

Take it from a guy who sleeps with a baseball bat under his pillow every night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 23:42

TUN3R wrote:Anti-virus software is the biggest scam ever invented. There are only two ways you're gonna get rid of a virus:

-If you know programing and can counteract the virus manually.
-Re-formatting your hard-drive.

Ether way, you should get to it ASAP.

Pro tip: Any torrent / illegal software download in general that is ether:

-Archived and requires password
-Requires survey completion
-Wasn't released yet in most regions
-Isn't on G4TW <3 Kidding.

Is ether an advertisement for a p0rn site, a virus, or just plain and simple DRM scam.

Take it from a guy who sleeps with a baseball bat under his pillow every night.

Thanks. It's worth a try tho. OP, where were the files located that Malwarebytes eliminated? And what do you think you downloaded that had the virus? Still having trouble removing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 01:59

Johnny123 wrote:
Thanks. It's worth a try tho. OP, where were the files located that Malwarebytes eliminated? And what do you think you downloaded that had the virus? Still having trouble removing it.

Might be worth noting that every minute you spend trying to get rid of the virus is another minute spent by the virus messing with your PC, which might just include sending personal data out to God knows what 40 year old living in his mother's basement... I- I- mean the kind that doesn't play World of Warcraft. Re-formatting would get rid of everything (including personal data in case that wasn't obvious Razz Backups ftw).

You could probably take the PC to a service, have them clean it up for you. In my country people are to lazy to do this, but I heard there are shops (in civilized countries) that specialize in this sort of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:46

TUN3R wrote:
Might be worth noting that every minute you spend trying to get rid of the virus is another minute spent by the virus messing with your PC, which might just include sending personal data out to God knows what 40 year old living in his mother's basement...

Yep, as soon as you realize something may be wrong with your computer, that's another reason to turn off your internet connection ASAP.

//EDIT:
@Deealau: depending on the country you live in, you might be getting a warning letter from a lawyer if you're caught sharing files - and usually only then if you upload lots of stuff; if you're just downloading stuff, the chance that they really prosecute you is much smaller. At least that's the most common procedure in central/western Europe.
And if you are really facing legal problems, then your ISP might terminate your internet connection. However, in that case you couldn't access the internet at all - so there would be no 'survey to complete' either Wink.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:18

Hey,guys! I'm back with good news I got rid of the virus using Malwarebytes and now I can access Google , Youtube , Bing ect.
I also did a full scan to make sure there aren't any other threats.
0 Threats found. Thanks guys for helping me! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 21:55

Deealau wrote:Hey,guys! I'm back with good news I got rid of the virus using Malwarebytes

Heard that before, next thing you know your credit card isn't working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 19:37

TUN3R wrote:
Deealau wrote:Hey,guys! I'm back with good news I got rid of the virus using Malwarebytes

Heard that before, next thing you know your credit card isn't working.

Hehehe, don't scare me. Very Happy Anyways... I just checked to make sure and... IT'S NOT WORKING!.... just kidding Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 19:39

Carlos G. wrote:
TUN3R wrote:
Might be worth noting that every minute you spend trying to get rid of the virus is another minute spent by the virus messing with your PC, which might just include sending personal data out to God knows what 40 year old living in his mother's basement...

Yep, as soon as you realize something may be wrong with your computer, that's another reason to turn off your internet connection ASAP.

//EDIT:
@Deealau: depending on the country you live in, you might be getting a warning letter from a lawyer if you're caught sharing files - and usually only then if you upload lots of stuff; if you're just downloading stuff, the chance that they really prosecute you is much smaller. At least that's the most common procedure in central/western Europe.
And if you are really facing legal problems, then your ISP might terminate your internet connection. However, in that case you couldn't access the internet at all - so there would be no 'survey to complete' either Wink.

I don't think I can get a warning letter from the Earth to Moon... and to be more serious I live in Latvia, so the rates of getting one are little or none at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Apr 2013, 21:09

Deealau wrote: I don't think I can get a warning letter from the Earth to Moon... and to be more serious I live in Latvia, so the rates of getting one are little or none at all.

Lucky you Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top