Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game? Empty Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game?

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:26

I currently have seasons and Uni (hacked) and a legit Generation/Base game. I'm currently downloading ambitions. Will installing it cause any problems with my current game?

Back to top Go down

Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game? Empty Re: Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game?

Post by Phoebe Tue 23 Apr 2013, 15:33

Nope, but make sure after installing it, you patch your game again. Macs needs to be patched after installing a new EP, even its a older one or not.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game? Empty Re: Will downloading and installing an older expansion pack screw up my game?

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 16:24

Do I need to redo the "patches", and should I update via launcher or manually?

Edit: Sorry, I misread what you wrote. So I should apply the patches, i.e the ones from that go into the expansion packs files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:43

No you need to patch manually, after instaling another EP, whether its older version from your game, I mean like... For example; you have base game and Universty expansion, and your game is up-to date. But you want to add Pets or Generations, those are previous EPs than Universtiy, you need to patch your game again, after installing the new EP.

I hope I can make myself clear Very Happy Please don't hesitate to ask me more, if you do have a hesitation.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 10:11

Patch by the EA installer?

And re-add the "fixes/cracks"? or just the crack for Ambitions?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:13

Hello,

No, the manual patch. The one for Mac can be found here.
You don't need the crack for Ambitions, and if that's the only EP you're going to install, you don't have to re-crack at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)