Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED] Empty INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:15

Hi!

So recently I've properly installed Base Game + 1 expansion pack(Showtime), I just wanna see if it'll work. It does work perfectly fine.
Now I wanna add new expansion packs, 

I tried installing Movie Stuff first, and went through the installation process with no problems encountered.
So I thought it installed properly, but when I opened the game launcher, only the Base game icon and the Showtime icon are highlighted (meaning the Movie Stuff ain't installed yet right?) 

WHAT EXACTLY DO I HAVE TO DO TO PROPERLY INSTALL NEW EXPANSION PACKS???
(in addition to the already working base game + 1 EP)

Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help 

Back to top Go down

INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED] Empty Re: INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:20

Have you placed the crack in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin"?

Back to top Go down

INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED] Empty Re: INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 18:25

V10R37 wrote:Have you placed the crack in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin"?
which crack do I use? The one included in the expansion pack .rar file or the one in the ultimate fix pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:36

Do not use the cracks of the expansions, they are out of date.
Please install all your expansion packs, update if necessary with the Manual Patch, then download the latest Ultimate Fix once your game is up to date and copy the files from the #Crack folder to your base game installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 01:25

What if i already have all expansion packs but one and want to at he one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 02 Nov 2013, 05:12

You can always add another expansion pack even after installing the rest. Just follow these steps:

1) Make a back up of your "Electronic Arts" folder in your Documents.
2) Make sure your game is updated to the latest patch. Reapply the manual patch if you are unsure.
3) Install the expansion that you want.
4) Reapply the latest Ultimate Fix.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

INSTALLING A NEW EXPANSION PACK. [SOLVED] Empty EXTREME LAGGING since Island Paradise was Installed

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 16:11

Hi! So I've been smoothly playing The Sims 3 + Showtime + Movie Stuff for a while now, and recently I just finished downloading Island Paradise so I installed it ASAP.

Perfectly installed it; but within 5 minutes of playing the game (Town: Island Paradise) I got really annoyed cause it'd lag and hang for a few seconds EVERY FEW SECONDS. I can't really properly play the game.

I'm btw using a:
MacBook Pro
OS X 10.8.5
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB RAM

So I don't think it's my system that's the problem? Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:06

Hello,

Do you have any CC or mods that you use before installing Island Paradise? If you have, please remove them and check if the game performance is better or not.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 11:55

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

Do you have any CC or mods that you use before installing Island Paradise? If you have, please remove them and check if the game performance is better or not.
I have no mods installed and Island Paradise is still lagging every few seconds! It only happens in my Island Paradise game, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores etc are working perfectly fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:03

Then it means your Island Paradise save file is too big for your game to handle...

Please go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename it as "The Sims 3.old"
Then start the game again and check if it works Island Paradise without any lag... If it works good, then you're free to move your old save files to your new Sims 3 documents file.

Please try it and let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 05:20

Phoebe wrote:Then it means your Island Paradise save file is too big for your game to handle...

Please go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename it as "The Sims 3.old"
Then start the game again and check if it works Island Paradise without any lag... If it works good, then you're free to move your old save files to your new Sims 3 documents file.

Please try it and let me know the result.
IT WORKED OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 04 Dec 2013, 09:11

Good to know! Smile

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Happy Simming! The Sims Plumbob 1 

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top