Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 08:33

Recently I compressed all my package files (excluding the mods) using the Compressorizer for the Sims 3. I thought it would make my game load faster and just faster in general. But instead it has taken atleast 30 minutes to make it to the second loading screen, and then at the second loading screen it doesn't even load at all. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening? I've checked to see if I have an corrupted or conflicting files but I don't think that's the problem since this problem only just started when I compressed my package files. Any answers or comments are appreciated! Smile

EDIT: Apparently the Compressorizer makes the loading screens extremely slow and takes hours to load up...Anybody know how to fix this? And also I don't want to uncompress everything because my game will be really slow and within the first couple of minutes of game play the game completely freezes.

Last edited by TashSim on Mon 06 May 2013, 08:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Fri 26 Apr 2013, 17:06

There's a couple of things you could do.

Option one is to go through your cc (all of it, not just packages) and get rid of anything you don't use often, or any sets that you have for just one item, etc.

Option two is you could try CC Magic. For this one, I'd recommend to uncompress your packages before you use it, as it does compression of its own.

Together, they would probably work best. However, it is up to you, and there may be other opinions/solutions from others if you don't like either of those.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Taking at least 30 minutes to load and to make it to the second loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 16:08

Ok, so I just remembered, before I compressed my packages I remembered to make a backup folder of my mods folder. So I deleted the compressed folder and replaced it with the backup. Now, I don't understand how to use CC magic, the instructions aren't very clear. If you wouldn't mind...could you tell me how it works and how exactly to use it? Thanks heaps otherwise I completely understand! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Apr 2013, 17:14

TashSim wrote:Ok, so I just remembered, before I compressed my packages I remembered to make a backup folder of my mods folder. So I deleted the compressed folder and replaced it with the backup. Now, I don't understand how to use CC magic, the instructions aren't very clear. If you wouldn't mind...could you tell me how it works and how exactly to use it? Thanks heaps otherwise I completely understand! Smile

This will help you. Scroll down a bit and click on "The CC Magic user's guide" Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 27 Apr 2013, 17:41

Oh it's fine! Smile I definitely agree, the instructions there aren't very clear.

All you need to do to have it recognize and run the items is place them in the downloads folder, then run the program. Make sure you don't have worlds, lots, or sims in there when you run it though, as it doesn't process those properly. I'd also say uninstall any .sims3packs that you're keeping in your downloads unless you remove them first, or you'll end up with duplicates. (I always kept a folder on my desktop for backing up the things that weren't in cc magic.

If any of that seems odd or it's still confusing, sorry. Just let me know, and I'll try to sort it all out better. Smile

Edit// Or you could do what Carlos suggested. XD
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 08:33

Sorry for the extremely late reply! So I uncompressed everything and used ccmagic and everything is working great now! Thank you both so much for your help! Have a nice day Smile!!!!!

//Helpers edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
Shamrock

//Edited again, just to say you're welcome, and I hope you enjoy your game again! Smile
~Invalid~

Last edited by invalidusername on Mon 06 May 2013, 14:50; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : closing topic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top