Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play Empty Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:34

Basically my title says it all.  I get through the first load screen, I select my family/town, and when I'm on the load screen that gives all the game tips it just doesn't fully load.  I have some CC but it's from thesims3.com and I updated my mods from modthesims.com.

I've done the most recent fix for University after I got the "please load game disc" error and it worked but for whatever reason it just doesn't load.

Any suggestions?  

(P.S It's not my computer.  My computer runs Warcraft and high settings in a raid and Skyrim just fine.)

Thank you!

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play Empty Re: Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 19:59

I had this problem too...start your game in windowed mode the first time you load it. Also take off interactive loading screens in the options just in case. After it loaded the first time I went back to full-screen and didn't have any more problems

Back to top Go down

Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play Empty Re: Game not loading fully (gets stuck at ~95%) at the final load screen before actual game play

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:24

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot right now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 21:47

Yeah - didn't work.  It's actually lagging me out in windowed.

Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 00:31

Turn down some settings? Sims 3 is a huge resource hog even for powerful machines

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 22:43

My laptop can also run Skyrim and many other resource-hogging games, but on Sims 3, it lags terribly. This game is so taxing on computers it's ridiculous. 

How long are you giving it to load? That last little bit is the part that the game always hangs on if it's going to load slowly.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 09:38

I haven't posted here in a while because I gave up.  Now I want to play my game again.

In response to the last question: I waited about 45 minutes last time before I gave up and stopped trying for a while.  I might disable CC, just to see what happens but I REALLY feel like there's another fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 08:52

Aramatal wrote:I had this problem too...start your game in windowed mode the first time you load it. Also take off interactive loading screens in the options just in case. After it loaded the first time I went back to full-screen and didn't have any more problems

WOW ! MANY THANKS . VERY WORKS ! MUCH AWESOME !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top