Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED] Empty Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 22 Oct 2013, 01:40

So I have every expansion minus the 70s, 80s and 90s stuff pack.

I literally just installed all of the expansions IN ORDER, updated the game (I updated the Sims 3 with the manual patch so the stupid expansions would leave me alone), Ultimate Fixed it and I go to play it for the first time and it keeps glitching by minimizing itself.

This is really, really frustrating.  This is a COMPLETELY clean re-install because I installed it a few days ago and had the same problem.  I uninstalled it and then redownloaded EVERYTHING, to be sure it wasn't my own glitched out game, to no avail.  My game would do this previously when I had a faulty mod installed but no - I haven't even gotten a chance to play my game, let alone download mods!

HELP?

This has never happened to me before when installing The Sims 3! Super frustrated!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 03:05

Normally when that happens windows is trying to get your attention. Did you update or do you have a anti virus or firewall. Just look and see if a program is trying to tell you something.

Back to top Go down

Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 22 Oct 2013, 03:41

My firewall and antivirus are fine.  I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure.  My game seems to be running now.  I didn't realize that you needed to put every file's contents (from the ultimate fix) into each corresponding expansion folder that you HAVE.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:26

Sephymuffins wrote:My firewall and antivirus are fine.  I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure.  My game seems to be running now.  I didn't realize that you needed to put every file's contents (from the ultimate fix) into each corresponding expansion folder that you HAVE.
You DO NOT need to do that at all actually... And it shouldn't have helped...
Anyways, glad your game is working better now.
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 22 Oct 2013, 20:42

Shamrock wrote:
Sephymuffins wrote:My firewall and antivirus are fine.  I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure.  My game seems to be running now.  I didn't realize that you needed to put every file's contents (from the ultimate fix) into each corresponding expansion folder that you HAVE.
You DO NOT need to do that at all actually... And it shouldn't have helped...
Anyways, glad your game is working better now.
Anything else we can help you with?
That's weird then lol!  I was following the video on this page and it seemed to be what the person was doing? 

I can't seem to get the launcher to work still.  I have to use the cracked TS3 icon in the program files to get it to play.  The launcher tells me still that there is no CD.  It doesn't crash anymore, just won't load. Facepalm   

This is basically what I did initially:
1. Downloaded Sims 3 through Movie Stuff (basically all of the expansions). 
2. I the base game then installed World Adventure but had to use the manual patch because it was giving me an instantaneous error with "updating".  Then I began installing every other expansion in chronological order, making sure not to use any crack except at the end. 
3. Once everything was installed, I opened the ultimate fix, following the PDF, I copy and pasted (and overwrote) the correct/corresponding files into my /game/bin folder.  It was the "all expansion packs released after..." and then the actual "#Crack" folder.  What I found weird was that both files from both folders seemed to be the same?  both are "tslhost.dll" and "TS3W.exe".  The only difference I saw between both files in both folders was that each file was a different size.  
4. Pulled up the Sims 3 Launcher and hit the play button. 
5. It paused and then launched a black screen, the circular loading symbol for the mouse was there and it would sit there "loading" for upwards of 3 minutes, at times!
6. Once it decided it was done "loading", that's when the whole game would minimize to my system tray.  I'd click it to pull it back up and it would load normally, except the cutscenes and the loading bits seemed to be in a resolution lower than 800x600.  They were smaller.
7. It would get to the expansion loading screen (If I recall, it was always Showtime?? Even though the latest I'd installed was Island Paradise?).  The little bar would get way more than half way filled up and then it would exit itself.  No error, no crash report, just, poof, The Sims 3 was gone. 
8. If I WAS LUCKY, it'd get to the neighborhood select option, however, everything seemed blank and I could do much at all except hit that play button and THEN it would close itself.

Even right now, if I use the launcher, it only says I have HALF of my expansions installed when I know that's not true.

I'm sure I jerry-rigged it to work but the reason I'm posting this response is because I want to know what had it messing up previously, you know? Plus I'm worried if I don't find that out, I'll stumble upon a problem later... though right now, mods installed and all, it seems to be stable. ALL the expansions.

//EDIT

And like I thought, my attempt to get my launcher to work has just messed it up all over again.  Dragging and dropping and overwriting with the files from the Ultimate Fix are not working.  I've never had this much of an issue before... ever.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this.  I can't figure out whether it's a game that I have (my eyes are on Showtime) that's acting up or if the Ultimate Fix IS NOT working.  I'm doing everything I should be doing (at least I'M under that impression) and yet doing something so simple is not working.  What irks me even more, is that I've done this in the past!  I've gotten simple-fix errors before but I've never had a problem so "unfixable" where my game continuously glitches out.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Oct 2013, 23:59

Hello,

As cynical as it sounds, we see problems like this on a daily basis - and in about 90% of all cases the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch were not applied correctly.

So...it sounds repetitive, but please do step #2 from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This means: (re-)apply the manual patch - just double-click on it. After that, please do step #4 of these instructions. Do it as it is described !

And at the end, double-click on the TS3W.exe in the base game location - and see what happens. You should not, by the way, "try to get your launcher working"  -lots of people (me including) have reported serious problems with the launcher - which is the reason I'm starting my game with the TS3W.exe.

Do that and let us know the result. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 00:09

Okay, I will try it again.  I may have perma0messed up my games because I've been trying all kinds of things.  I realize it's something I'm probably doing wrong, but I've done this in the past and had no problems, so I suppose that's why I'm frustrated.  If it's an error on my part, I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong! gklfdjgkfd! Mad 

The #crack files go in the BASE GAME's /bin folder, correct? I just want to make sure, because I've done this quite a few times already but to no avail. 

I'm trying again, now!  Redownloading the manual patch, first.

Edit:  I did all of the steps you asked me to do over again.  The launcher actually seemed to work, all expansions installed actually show up and there is no "insert disk" error.  However, I'm back to square one again with the game minimizing itself!  Black loading screen comes up, it sits there for a minute, it minimizes, I bring it back up and it appears to be loading normally.  It gets to the loading screen (once I select my family), then half way through the game crashes.

I jerry-rigged it before (as you probably saw in my previous posts) so I had it working for a bit (no idea WHAT I DID lol).  I had sense used mods, as I figured my game was fixed!  Just now I moved the entire folder of mods out of my downloads folder, thinking that may help too, but like I said - I'm in the same boat as before.  Nothing I'm doing correct or otherwise seems to solve this problem.  This was my original issue from the get go... I just got more errors later on when I tried to fix it myself.

Edit 2: Oh and btw, the minimizing problem happens when I use the TS3W.exe AND the launcher.  Loading the game in general, for me, means = it auto-minimizes and then crashes half way through the loading.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Oct 2013, 00:54

Sephymuffins wrote:Okay, I will try it again.  I may have perma0messed up my games because I've been trying all kinds of things.  I realize it's something I'm probably doing wrong, but I've done this in the past and had no problems, so I suppose that's why I'm frustrated.  If it's an error on my part, I can't even figure out what I'm doing wrong! gklfdjgkfd! Mad 

The #crack files go in the BASE GAME's /bin folder, correct? I just want to make sure, because I've done this quite a few times already but to no avail. 

I'm trying again, now!  Redownloading the manual patch, first.

Edit:  I did all of the steps you asked me to do over again.  The launcher actually seemed to work, all expansions installed actually show up and there is no "insert disk" error.  However, I'm back to square one again with the game minimizing itself!  Black loading screen comes up, it sits there for a minute, it minimizes, I bring it back up and it appears to be loading normally.  It gets to the loading screen (once I select my family), then half way through the game crashes.

I jerry-rigged it before (as you probably saw in my previous posts) so I had it working for a bit (no idea WHAT I DID lol).  I had sense used mods, as I figured my game was fixed!  Just now I moved the entire folder of mods out of my downloads folder, thinking that may help too, but like I said - I'm in the same boat as before.  Nothing I'm doing correct or otherwise seems to solve this problem.  This was my original issue from the get go... I just got more errors later on when I tried to fix it myself.

Edit 2: Oh and btw, the minimizing problem happens when I use the TS3W.exe AND the launcher.  Loading the game in general, for me, means = it auto-minimizes and then crashes half way through the loading.
I'm sorry to hear that you have a hard time with this (dysfunctional) game - but I'm not done yet.

Have you looked at this here already ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Especially #2 and #3 could be interesting for you (if you haven't done it yet, of course). If you plan to use the "4 GB patch" (step #3), then you need to double-click the patch and choose the TS3W.exe from the base game location.

Beyond that, did you install that game (on THIS computer now), sometime in the past already ? If yes, did it work back then ? (sorry if you wrote that already somewhere above, but I'm too lazy to read, lol).

What about your computer specs ? I hope your computer is strong enough to handle the base game plus so many expansions ? And do you experience similar problems with other games/software ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 01:15

Thank you for being real and calling it dysfunctional. LOL. It definitely is. EA makes this so tedious.

I had not seen that topic!  Do you happen to know... Facepalm  how to do Step 2 with a Windows 8 PC?  ^^;  I tried to follow the instructions but things seem to be titled differently on Win8 and I wasn't able to find the place I should be in in the Control Panel. 

My specs are pretty up there for a laptop!  It's an Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686.  It has 6gb DDR3 memory, a 500gb HD and the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 640m (2gb dedicated VRAM). I also have a 64bit Windows 8 copy on it. I can run The Sims 3 smoothly on full graphics, however the more CC I have, the more it runs slower. The 'make a family' thing can be hella slow at times, once I download a lot of clothing, etc. My laptop can run Skyrim on Ultra graphics! 

Now that you said that though and you sent me that other page on here going into the crashing issue, I just remembered that my graphics card has an update.  I'm going to tweak it really quick and see if that can be the problem!  I dunno.  ;_;! Ahg.

Also, my old HD in this laptop was defective.  I had the Sims 3 on it months and months ago, but the HD failed like a derp and I lost everything. Acer replaced it with a brand new one and up until a few days ago, I hadn't bothered to reinstall all my games and start anew.  HOWEVER... I had tried to install everything on a whim a few days ago, but sadly came across this minimizing issue for the first time.. so I uninstalled everything!  I waited a day and then reinstalled everything, just to have the same problem (which is why I'm posting here). 

For the record, this had never been a problem for me before with a fresh install.  I used to only get the minimizing issue when I downloaded a conflicting mod accidentally, or a defective .package file.  The minimizing deal use to be an indicator for me. It's NEVER happened directly after installing the game! Anyway, to answer your question fully: no, this minimizing issue never happened last time on my old HD. It only happened because of faulty CC/Mods.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Oct 2013, 01:20

Sephymuffins wrote:Thank you for being real and calling it dysfunctional. LOL. It definitely is. EA makes this so tedious.

I had not seen that topic!  Do you happen to know... Facepalm  how to do Step 2 with a Windows 8 PC?  ^^;  I tried to follow the instructions but things seem to be titled differently on Win8 and I wasn't able to find the place I should be in in the Control Panel. 

My specs are pretty up there for a laptop!  It's an Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686.  It has 6gb DDR3 memory, a 500gb HD and the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 640m (2gb dedicated VRAM). I also have a 64bit Windows 8 copy on it. I can run The Sims 3 smoothly on full graphics, however the more CC I have, the more it runs slower. The 'make a family' thing can be hella slow at times, once I download a lot of clothing, etc. My laptop can run Skyrim on Ultra graphics! 

Now that you said that though and you sent me that other page on here going into the crashing issue, I just remembered that my graphics card has an update.  I'm going to tweak it really quick and see if that can be the problem!  I dunno.  ;_;! Ahg.

Also, my old HD in this laptop was defective.  I had the Sims 3 on it months and months ago, but the HD failed like a derp and I lost everything. Acer replaced it with a brand new one and up until a few days ago, I hadn't bothered to reinstall all my games and start anew.  HOWEVER... I had tried to install everything on a whim a few days ago, but sadly came across this minimizing issue for the first time.. so I uninstalled everything!  I waited a day and then reinstalled everything, just to have the same problem (which is why I'm posting here). 

For the record, this had never been a problem for me before with a fresh install.  I used to only get the minimizing issue when I downloaded a conflicting mod accidentally, or a defective .package file.  The minimizing deal use to be an indicator for me. It's NEVER happened directly after installing the game! Anyway, to answer your question fully: no, this minimizing issue never happened last time on my old HD. It only happened because of faulty CC/Mods.
I don't have Windows 8 - so I can only "offer" you something like this: http://windows8themes.org/how-to-disable-data-execution-prevention-in-windows-8.html

Yes, and do the graphics driver update too - maybe it can help. Let me know the result Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 01:55

Carlos G. wrote:
Sephymuffins wrote:Thank you for being real and calling it dysfunctional. LOL. It definitely is. EA makes this so tedious.

I don't have Windows 8 - so I can only "offer" you something like this: http://windows8themes.org/how-to-disable-data-execution-prevention-in-windows-8.html

Yes, and do the graphics driver update too - maybe it can help. Let me know the result Smile
Okay so, I'm at a loss.  Updated my graphics driver and it didn't help.  Did the DEP method I believe it's called, that didn't help either.

I'm thinking about just uninstalling everything and trying again, but I just don't know if that will help! This will make the second time.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:03

Sephymuffins wrote:Okay so, I'm at a loss.  Updated my graphics driver and it didn't help.  Did the DEP method I believe it's called, that didn't help either.

I'm thinking about just uninstalling everything and trying again, but I just don't know if that will help! This will make the second time.
If you want to do that, try doing it manually, following this guide here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

I know this will require time and effort, but try it. After un-installing, some of the other Helpers recommend to re-boot the computer, so do that too.

After that, go on with re-installing. In the meantime, I'll think about other possible solutions, but I'm sorry I can't offer you more at this point. Sad

//EDIT

Sometimes it can help to right-click on the TS3W.exe and choose "run as Administrator", but I guess you tried that already ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:11

Yeah, I've been experimenting since yesterday!  The run as admin trick doesn't work, either.  As I said, I had to jerry-rigged up until earlier today until I got frustrated that the darn launcher wasn't working. Because previously when I had installed all the games (my old HD), the launcher worked like a charm.

I'm going to look up the link you provided and reinstall everything once again.  Wish me luck!  I do appreciate you going so far to help me! : D  If it doesn't work still, should I make a new topic or recycle this one? lol
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:17

Sephymuffins wrote:Yeah, I've been experimenting since yesterday!  The run as admin trick doesn't work, either.  As I said, I had to jerry-rigged up until earlier today until I got frustrated that the darn launcher wasn't working. Because previously when I had installed all the games (my old HD), the launcher worked like a charm.

I'm going to look up the link you provided and reinstall everything once again.  Wish me luck!  I do appreciate you going so far to help me! : D  If it doesn't work still, should I make a new topic or recycle this one? lol
You can still try changing the game to "windowed mode", without going into the game menu. Go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and open the file Options.ini. Look for the line fullscreen = 1 and change it to fullscreen = 0. Save the text file ("save the changes to the file" !) and exit it. Now try re-starting the game.

Continue in this topic. Be sure to check back here regularly, while I'm trying to look into this. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 03:26

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled everything!  Right now I'm working on clearing my registry, etc.

To be honest, and I can't be sure this is the problem, but I think it may be one of the games.  That, or I made a fatal error somewhere along the lines of... installing the Ultimate Fix.

No other games I've installed has ever given me this much problem and previously when I had installed everything, the Fix was seriously like a blessing. It instantly solved all my problems and worked like a charm. Something had to have gone wrong to make it NOT work now, you know?  It's very strange. 

I'm fixing to begin the long trek of reinstalling everything lol. Again, I appreciate the support!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 04:06

The exact same thing is happening to me.  I went to uninstall and reinstall everything (updated to 1.63), and now it keeps minimising the sims 3, loading the showtime screen, and crashing halfway through.

I have no mods or cc currently as I just reinstalled the game, and I'm pretty sure I installed the ultimate fix correctly as I have done it before.

EDIT: If my specs are of any use/help, I've never had any performance issues prior, I'm running Windows 7 with the following

3.5ghz quad core i7, 16gb ram, nvidea geforce gtx 775m with 2gb dedicated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 04:30

It sucks you're in the same boat as me, rosegold!

I'm hoping at some point the Administrator is able to help. Because if it isn't the games, it's something wrong with the 1.63 patch + the Ultimate Fix. I hate pointing fingers, I just know it has nothing to do with my specs of PC. I've run the game perfectly before and as I stated earlier, my laptop can run Skyrim on ultra graphics. My specs are good lol.

I'm installing the expansions all over again.

Rosegold, did you have an issue installing World Adventures? Did it tell you that you needed to update the game but then give you an error when you hit "ok" to do it? Just wondering, because WA keeps giving me that same error... I have to immediately go and use the manual patch to get around it. I don't remember that issue the last time I downloaded all the games from G4TW... but that was late, late 2012.

Edit: Ugh, now WA is prompting me for a CD because it can't find specific files. gfdjgfkd. Facepalm  Looks like I'm going to have to re-torrent the game.

Last edited by Sephymuffins on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 04:40; edited 1 time in total
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 04:39

Sephymuffins wrote:It sucks you're in the same boat as me, rosegold!

I'm hoping at some point the Administrator is able to help. Because if it isn't the games, it's something wrong with the 1.63 patch + the Ultimate Fix. I hate pointing fingers, I just know it has nothing to do with my specs of PC. I've run the game perfectly before and as I stated earlier, my laptop can run Skyrim on ultra graphics. My specs are good lol.

I'm installing the expansions all over again.

Rosegold, did you have an issue installing World Adventures? Did it tell you that you needed to update the game but then give you an error when you hit "ok" to do it? Just wondering, because WA keeps giving me that same error... I have to immediately go and use the manual patch to get around it. I don't remember that issue the last time I downloaded all the games from G4TW... but that was late, late 2012.
I manually patched it to 1.63 to avoid this error ya.  I don't remember it giving me any issues the first time but honestly I don't remember, I've never previously had any issue with any G4TW though, so I'm thinking its the buggy patch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 23 Oct 2013, 04:45

Yeah, that's true, it may just be a buggy patch.. Though, at some point earlier today I had rigged my game to work. No idea what I did now, but, the game had been updated and was working.

//EDIT

Okay so, I did a completely clean uninstall and reinstall. I had to redownload a few expansions because when I went to install WA for example, it kept asking me to insert disk 1 for 'xxxfile'. I figured my download was corrupt. Redownloading helped. 

Anyway, did the install and did the ultimate fix word for word. Installed the base game + all of the expansions, updated my game via the manual patch. I closed the launcher then reopened it but saw the same problem I had previously! :/ Expansions I KNOW I INSTALLED were not showing up on the launcher. I had just finished installing Back to the Future and it was claiming it wasn't installed. Lo and behold, I go to play the game (via the launcher AND the TS3W.exe) and BOTH glitch out and the game minimizes. 

To be honest, I'm extremely pissed. I loved the games from G4TW up until recently because there is something WRONG with the games now. This is NOT my pc messing up. It has nothing to do with me doing things wrong - this is either the most recent patch messing up OR A GAME you guys have on your torrents page via Piratebay. Something is either 1) corrupt or 2) not mixing well with the new patch. 

I have to end task on the game once it minimizes and the one thing that is reoccurring issue for me, or at least something I notice, is that the game has the loading screen of Movie Stuff - even though I not only have Island Paradise installed, but Into the Future, too! 

Is anyone actually able to help me with this? If you don't believe me, uninstall your game and then torrent/reinstall all of the expansions all over again. People are not having this problem more than likely because they ALREADY have the games running on their PC. I've reinstalled this game three times in the past two weeks and NOTHING is working. Ugh.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 06:43

If anyone has a solution to this I would also like to know...I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything again, following every single instruction you guys have posted on the previously posted link on how to install the sims 3 correctly and nothing has changed for me either...
Next up I'm going to try installing them one at a time and seeing exactly where it stops working...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 24 Oct 2013, 06:55

I uninstalled Movie Stuff but that didn't help, either. When I end task on the game it does NOW say it's Island Paradise.  Rather than another type of "glitching" or showing me the game is messed up, it does the same thing. It minimizes.  Everytime.  Even after it minimizes and I pull it back up, it crashes at the neighborhood loading screen like before.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:07

FYI, it is an expansion malfunctioning or a faulty manual patch because I forgot I had legit copies of High End Loft Stuff, Late Night and the base game. I just installed them and I am having no issues whatsoever with the game minimizing. I figured I'd just put that out there.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:26

Sephymuffins wrote:FYI, it is an expansion malfunctioning or a faulty manual patch because I forgot I had legit copies of High End Loft Stuff, Late Night and the base game. I just installed them and I am having no issues whatsoever with the game minimizing. I figured I'd just put that out there.

OK, I've got some "good news" and "bad news" as well. I installed "Into the future" and the 1.63 patch with no problems at all. I even played a little bit in this "Oasis Landing" place - so far everything is fine.

The bad news is that this fact makes it more difficult for me to solve your particular problem, lol. But let's see.

You told me you installed the Origin stuff with no problems at all ? The only "real" difference between Origin and G4TW's stuff is that when your base game is from Origin, then the two files from the Ultimate fix #crack go to C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

And yes, you can actually add the expansions from G4TW to this Origin pack, and yes, most people recommend to use the "manual patch" for updating. As far as I'm concerned though, I don't see (from my personal viewpoint) any difference - so I'll leave it to you to choose.

The same procedure applies here too: after you've installed all the expansions, update the game, then apply the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix, to your Origin base game folder, like I explained above.

If you really don't trust the Ultimate fix, then use the "NRAAS NoCD"-mod. For that purpose, you can either re-apply the manual patch or you can use the launcher. If you use the launcher though, you'll need to replace the cracked files in your game folders with "original files". Look into the latest Ultimate fix, then into the "Instruction.pdf". Do the steps from 1 to 11.

At the end put the mod inside the Mods/Packages folder.

Let's see how this goes. Wat. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:53

What I've been saying though, is that it's either the 1.63 manual patch or there's a game that is corrupt... or something, to make my game crash each time I go to play. 

I'm going to do what you said though, but, I want to do this one expansion at a time. Do you advise me to do the #crack and/or manual update after each instillation of an expansion pack? ..If that made any sense. Basically what I'm planning on doing is installing an expansion and then trying to boot it up like normal to see if I have any CtD issues again.

Edit: No change at all. I installed Ambitions, cracked the /game/bin (from the Ultimate Fix) of the base game (via Origin) and it now crashes to the desktop.  I didn't do the manual patch because my game is already updated... Going to uninstall Ambitions now. Wat.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:06

Sephymuffins wrote:What I've been saying though, is that it's either the 1.63 manual patch or there's a game that is corrupt... or something, to make my game crash each time I go to play. 

I'm going to do what you said though, but, I want to do this one expansion at a time. Do you advise me to do the #crack and/or manual update after each instillation of an expansion pack? ..If that made any sense. Basically what I'm planning on doing is installing an expansion and then trying to boot it up like normal to see if I have any CtD issues again.
As of now, I haven't seen other people with problems about the current Ultimate fix. OK, for now use the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix (you only need the #crack folder in there).

I should have said it earlier though Embarassed, but a possible "risk factor" in the install process is your "The Sims 3" folder, in My Documents/Electronic Arts. Please rename the folder before you continue installing other expansions (rename it into anything you like). AFTER installing everything you want, rename it back to normal again.

Again, if your base game is from Origin, you need to put the Ultimate fix #crack into the location I mentioned in my last post.

But I guess I will also have to do some research on this, but let's see. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top