Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start? Empty Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start?

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 03:44

I had to reinstall windows a while back so I made backup of the EA folder in my documents. I put it back in \my documents\ today and went to my game folder(which is on another drive) and tried to launch sims3 and it just won't start. I can only assume that sims 3 need some sort of registry settings to allow the game to start?

Normally I don't mind reinstalling a game but sims3 is one of those terrible games that takes hours to install due to the sheer amount of discs you need to go through. I already have a sims 3 install on a drive(e:\games\the sims 3) +all sims expansions up to the latest one(something like 17-18 or so in total).

Any advice on what I should do? I'd prefer not having to reinstall everything again since it took so long last time I did it.

-edit1- I've downloaded that huge 1.2gb update patch 1.50.56, running it right now, going to see if that helps.

When I launch the game after applying the patch it says my base game isn't compatible with the expansions. It also tells me to update it through the start menu(it's in my own language which makes it even more confusing... I hate when games force your native language without asking first). It also says in the launcher that I have the latest version so... I have no idea what is going on.

-edit2- It says I have the latest game, yet it also says that I do not.

Back to top Go down

Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start? Empty Re: Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start?

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 11:47

Try opening the base game Launcher to trigger an update.
If this doesn't work, navigate to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag. Then restart and start the game again. It will re create the file.
Since it was working before, I'm guessing you won't need to uninstall everything...

Back to top Go down

Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start? Empty Re: Reinstalled windows(7) and TS3 refuses to start?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 May 2013, 12:38

Hello,

You are right, the game does require registry entries. You may be able to try this, but only if you don't have University Life, so you'll have to delete the UL game folders and reinstall that expansion after you run this tool.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 14:00

Sadly the link is dead Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 14:28

Well it worked for me...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 May 2013, 14:32

Shamrock wrote:Well it worked for me...

If you still have it, could you upload it? The link doesn't work (for me) at the moment.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 16:39

Sorry, thought you were talking about the topic... Embarassed
Maybe PM Hexorcist about it then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 May 2013, 19:11

Hello,

I still have a backup of the older file, not sure if it's the same one as the one Hexorcist linked to though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top