Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution" Empty Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution"

Post by Guest Sat 09 Aug 2014, 20:48

Hello!

I am just encountering this problem, first of all, I have followed each and every step of how to install the game itself correctly. I downloaded the needed expansion packs in order for the patch and fix to work as told so.
I also applied both manual patch and ultimate fix, I actually installed the base game and the expansion packs, they have their proper icons at the desktop and the launcher appears upon clicking, it also says that the game is up to date and all that.

But once I click the "start" button, it blacks out and returns to my desktop screen, then a dialogue box appears saying that the Sims is having a prob and Windows is looking for a solution.  Facepalm 
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything for nth time already but it won't work ;A;)

I hope you guys can help me 'cause I'm crying blood already just trying to figure out how this game would work >_>

Tho I'd like to thank you for everyone who are running this forum/site in providing fixes & the downloads itself!~  cheers

Back to top Go down

Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution" Empty Re: Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

kenchikka wrote:Hello!

I am just encountering this problem, first of all, I have followed each and every step of how to install the game itself correctly. I downloaded the needed expansion packs in order for the patch and fix to work as told so.
I also applied both manual patch and ultimate fix, I actually installed the base game and the expansion packs, they have their proper icons at the desktop and the launcher appears upon clicking, it also says that the game is up to date and all that.

But once I click the "start" button, it blacks out and returns to my desktop screen, then a dialogue box appears saying that the Sims is having a prob and Windows is looking for a solution.  Facepalm 
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything for nth time already but it won't work ;A;)

I hope you guys can help me 'cause I'm crying blood already just trying to figure out how this game would work >_>

Tho I'd like to thank you for everyone who are running this forum/site in providing fixes & the downloads itself!~  cheers

Hello,

Are you absolutely sure you did everything right ? Smile . If you really do the steps from #2 to #4 here correctly, you shouldn't encounter the issue:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Remember: the ONLY thing you need inside the Ultimate fix is the folder named #crack. Ignore the instructions inside the Ultimate fix .pdf; instead follow the steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution" Empty Re: Sims doesn't start and Windows is "looking" for a "solution"

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 19:17

Carlos wrote:
kenchikka wrote:Hello!

Hello,

Are you absolutely sure you did everything right ? Smile . If you really do the steps from #2 to #4 here correctly, you shouldn't encounter the issue:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Remember: the ONLY thing you need inside the Ultimate fix is the folder named #crack. Ignore the instructions inside the Ultimate fix .pdf; instead follow the steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned.

Good luck !

Ahhh thank you very much! I re-did everything once again, and it's now running smoothly. Thank you for replying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top