Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save a family without booting up sims 3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Save a family without booting up sims 3? Empty Save a family without booting up sims 3?

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 08:09

So I've recently found out that my current save is a major issue. I can't play for more than two seconds before it crashes. I booted it up without the save files and it worked perfectly.

Is there anyway that I can rescue my family without playing the sims?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Save a family without booting up sims 3? Empty Re: Save a family without booting up sims 3?

Post by Phoebe Sat 04 May 2013, 09:36

Hello,

Sorry to hear that, crashing problems are irritating. But maybe, Nrass' Errortrap can help you for saving the files. Please let me know the results. Crossed my fingers!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Save a family without booting up sims 3? Empty Re: Save a family without booting up sims 3?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 May 2013, 17:21

doreiku wrote:So I've recently found out that my current save is a major issue. I can't play for more than two seconds before it crashes. I booted it up without the save files and it worked perfectly.

Is there anyway that I can rescue my family without playing the sims?

Thank you!

Hello there,

I don't suppose it makes any difference (to the crashing) if you pause the game immediately after starting ? The thing is, if you have "enough time", you can use
the "Porter" mod to "rescue" your sims to another town. But yes, as Phoebe said, try "Errortrap" and maybe "Overwatch" too.

Otherwise I can't stress this enough (and I'm repeating myself again): dear fellow Simmers, you should regularly backup your savefiles to a safe place (USB-stick, or whatever). In Windows they are located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and then the folder "Saves".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 05:44

Thanks to the both of you for helping Smile

I've had error trap for awhile but the porter mod is new to me. Fortunately, I copied my town, renamed it, rescued my people and made a new town. So far it has only happened once out of the three hours I was playing, AND it happened directly after I saved Very Happy

I've saved em now and hopefully the other issue resolves itself... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 May 2013, 10:54

Hello,

Glad to hear it's all working fine, so far.
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the result after a while. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top