Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue Empty The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue

Post by Guest Sat 11 May 2013, 06:20

I can't seem to find the problem listened anywhere in a thread, and it could just be my computer, but I want to make sure.

I installed The Sims Ultimate Download and proceeded to follow the installation instructions, but I can't get past the first step. No error or anything pops up when I click the startup.exe after extracting. The computer registers that I clicked on it, and I know it is doing something because when I try to delete the file it says I can not because it is being used in another program, yet I can close out everything, and it still says it is being used. Does anyone know what I can do to get the the file working? I have tried running as an admin, and it still does the same thing. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue Empty Re: The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue

Post by Guest Sat 11 May 2013, 13:28

I am assuming this is not a games4theworld download, however I think I maybe able to help you if it is this bundle I found on youtube which shows you how to install and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWL8fv79KM

I personally recommend you scrap that and install the games4fortheworld versions. The links can be found here http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Games4theworld downloads are easier to install and as they are our own downloads, we are able to provide better support over any issues that you might or might not encounter as most off the issues are basic mistakes taken by the player OR maybe misunderstood.

Back to top Go down

The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue Empty Re: The Sims Ultimate Download startup issue

Post by Admin Sat 11 May 2013, 18:25

Hello,

Not to speak of potentially modified installers, which will give you a lot of headaches in the future.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male